Other
Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
It probably would have been better to leave them in the mint roll. But the 2001 coins aren't NIFC (I don't think) like the '02 - '08 coins. Here's a link with some info and mintage figures if your interested:

http://sacagaweadollarguide.com/sacagawea-dollar-mintage/

I actually have 4 mint rolls (2 P & 2 D) of the lowest minted 2008's still in sealed mint boxes that I've been holding on to. A couple of years ago these rolls were selling for $100+ on ebay. I noticed recently that prices has come down some since then.

That reminds me I have some mwr SBA's to p/u @ a bank tomorrow. I'm hoping to be able to make a little money on those. I'm planning on keeping those rolls unopened for resale value - which may not be too much though. :)

OP
OP
Rascal

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
I appreciate it, SF. My bank failed to order my rolls for Tuesday so I have been resorting to whatever can be had in the meantime. Pretty much a skunk save for one war nickel and a few pieces like the UC dollars. What can I say but I lost my mind for a while. :-\

Rascal

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
I don't think the 2001 Sacs are anything special. A couple of years ago you could order these in bulk from the mint at face through their dollar coin direct circulation program (you know, the one where you could buy thousands of dollars in coins on a credit card, deposit the coins, and keep the credit card points ;D). I probably dumped at least $5k of these coins without a second thought.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread