New to the Forum - not to searching boxes

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
Been searching for almost a year now. Not a bigtime searcher like others, although the tellers I visit prob think it's alot of coin, I'm just searching a couple boxes of halves or dimes a week. Been battling a skunk streak on Loomis boxes. These things are just terrible and a PITA to open compared to the Strings Rolls I'm used too. The rolls are crimped so tightly I can barely pick them open. It would not be so bad if they produced a silver coin or two every now and again, but I'm considering dropping this supply bank from the rotation.

Anyone else see similar results with these Loomis Boxes or is it just me? Also how many SKUNKS would you search through before you drop a supply bank?

PR

Upvote 0

lovelylea

Oct 3, 2011
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do loomis and find a good amount of silver. Just keep going and when they change to a new pallett of coins you may be suprised..

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
Loomis services my main pick-up bank here and while I have yet to even approach some of the 'common' finds mentioned here I haven't gone more than a 4-box streak of being skunked on halves before finding at least one piece.

Rascal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread