waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm at the dump bank today with 4 bags of cents to get rid of. This particular machine has a bin so there are no bags to change out. I've gotten 2 bags done and the 3rd one is about 1/3 done when this self important a** walks up, sees whats in the hopper and says pennies huh. I say yep. Then he notices the other bag I haven't dumped yet and he has the nerve to ask me if I would let what is in the hopper run out, print the receipt and let him run is small amount of coin. He had his in a small Crown Royal Pouch. After a couple of moments thought I figured why not. I told him that if 3 minutes was that important to him he could go ahead. He mumbled something about being in a rush and late for something or the other. Of course I'm hoping he'll leave something in the reject slot ::). He dumps his stuff which takes less that 30 seconds then sticks a finger all the way up the reject slot to make sure he hasn't missed anything. Off he goes so I dump my other bag. I'm right behind him in line for the tellers, and my transaction is completed and I'm back in my car before he even comes out of the bank.

So I know I've got some good karma on my side and would love to be around to see what karma does to this jerk.

Upvote 0

DiggerJosh

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2011
That was a good deed that obviously paid off. Well in at least one way, I would have been keep an eye on the reject tray too. Last two times I have been to the coin machine, I have gotten a dollar out of it. I love getting paid to dump!! :headbang:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always let the person behind me go before I start my transaction, as long as they have a small amount of coin. If the person behind me has a lot of coin as well, I proceed to dump my money first, as I am next in line. Karma does come back, but some people are too arrogant.

I had a similar story happen to me:

I was dumping my half dollars, and a guy and his son were getting pssed behind me because I had a large amount of volume to dump. They were mumbling things and tapping their foot and what not. I decided not to let them go- they were rude. The guy asked, "ey, you gonna be here all day?" in a rude voice. The world is full of nasty people, we are the other 50% :icon_sunny:

rocky raccoon

Jan 24, 2012
nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
people.....

Attachments

• yoursign.jpg
    yoursign.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 469
  • yoursign.jpg
    yoursign.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 458

Masterchief

Feb 15, 2012
Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
I love guys like that.... sooner or later they will show themselves to be the jerks they are! I always put extra effort into building good relations with the tellers so these types just help my stock keep on rising. Tellers are always glad to see me and my $500 in dumps. Of course maybe its my wife's zucchini bread and not my super personality. ::)

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuffaloBoy said:
I always let the person behind me go before I start my transaction, as long as they have a small amount of coin.
Do I get good karma if I let a cute gal in line ahead of me at the grocery store? ???

BCD11

Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
cyberdan said:
Do I get good karma if I let a cute gal in line ahead of me at the grocery store? ???

You get good karma + maybe some good scenery.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread