Keep doin what youre doin!!

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep doin' what you're doin'!!

Okay my last post was in January about my 16 rosies & 9 rosies dime box, ever since then its been achingly slow with a HUGE halves dumper around my area(first ever current 10 skunk boxes)

So I have been hitting dimes exclusively, always managed to get 1 rosie in 20 rolls.
Today I went to my favor silver producing branch asked for a dime box and got 5 loose $50 MWR from this guy teller, thinking to myself great I must get at least 2 rosies out of these bunch......

....result was SKUNK.

It was also funny no matter how hard I try to build the relationship with this specific guy teller and how many chocolates I give him, he never smiles or look me in the eyes. Even today when he gave me the rolls he answered another tell with, "Who else?"...probably answering to the amount of rolls he is selling me and then he gave me dirty looks. :(, I smiled and pretended I didnt notice.

To me he is the AG grim reaper, I recalled I never culled a silver from the rolls he sold me for 6 months. I always found silver from other tellers especially the girls. :), probably going to skip him next time I buy. :whip2: He aint gonna deter me from doin' what Im doin'!

Needless to say, I was disappointed.....and remembered I got some reject tray coins....lo and behold I found this:

1943 three pence

HSH and borrowing this from PD, KEEP ON ROLLIN!

Attachments

• IMG_5437s.JPG
    IMG_5437s.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 433
Upvote 0

dougbfromnorthga

Apr 10, 2011
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon & Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Keep doin' what you're doin'!!

fistfulladirt said:
Maybe next time, sweeten him up with a dozen roses?
FFD...that is funny right there. HH Doug

rocky raccoon

Jan 24, 2012
nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:coffee2:

Attachments

• D6YDF00Z.jpg
    D6YDF00Z.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 547

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice find on the Australian 3p, the coin is sterling silver (.925, 92.5%)- more pure than US silver pre 1964 :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
GEOFF

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

too bad its so tiny, I do agree tho, this is the 2nd more pure content AG coin I got, besides the ASE.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread