Wheat War # 52 Dad vs Tanner with pics

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Tanner came back with a vengeance today. He scored 20 wheats (oldest 1932) and 1 King George VI from his $25 of customer wrapped rolls. Dad searched $25 from a full box bought form a BoA in Troy, MI and managed just 7 common wheats but he did score a Panama cent, our first ever. I am surprised we have never come across one before as they are the same size as our cent.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Attachments

• Wheat War 52.JPG
    Wheat War 52.JPG
    333.5 KB · Views: 609
Upvote 0

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Great cents totals! I like the design of Panama Un Centesimo coin, also found one in a penny box, but it was from 1960s :headbang:
It's interesting how the last box I searched, I got more wheats, than King George VI, although I'm in Canada. Did that happen to you guys? I mean in reverse, if you got more old Canadian cents, rather than wheats?
Nice to see someone searching other denominations other than dimes and halves.

OP
OP
gordon and tanner

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Canadian hunter said:
I got more wheats, than King George VI, although I'm in Canada. Did that happen to you guys? I mean in reverse, if you got more old Canadian cents, rather than wheats?

I would guess we average about 50 Canadian cents per box. We toss them all back into the wild unless they are King Georges. We once found a solid roll of Canadian cents. The coin counter we use to dump take about half of them. We just keep sending them into the machine until they are all counted.

Dad and Tanner

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I would recommend to also keep pre 1960s Canadians, with the youngest queen design. There are some pretty small mintage in the mid 50s.
I myself keep all the copper American cents as well as wheat cents.

OP
OP
gordon and tanner

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Canadian hunter said:
I would recommend to also keep pre 1960s Canadians, with the youngest queen design. There are some pretty small mintage in the mid 50s.

What would a roll of young queens sell for in Canada?
Dad and Tanner

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Canadian hunter said:
I myself keep all the copper American cents as well as wheat cents.

I live in MD, which is not particularly close to Canada. Therefore, I do keep all young queens for my collection also. I never dump my Canadians as I have family in Canada and visit them sometimes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread