First CRH Experience

CamK13

Greenie
Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have a lot of down time at work and decided that CRHing would be a good way to occupy my time. Have done $150 worth of dimes so far and nothing found. However, as luck would have it, while buying dimes last night I asked the tellers at a bank inside my local grocery if they had any halves or anything else unusual. To my surprise he reaches into his drawer and pulls out 3 large dollar coins and $5 worth of halves. He looks through them and holds up one of the dollar coins stating "Wow, 1925, must be worth something." as he proceeds to sell all of the coins to me at face value. :o I couldn't believe I just got a 1925 Peace Dollar for $1. The teller told me that he would keep any halves or large dollars for me to pick up twice a week (which works out since I buy groceries at least that often anyway) as long as I came to him first for a mortgage approval when I purchase a house this fall. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Although I have not had success with the rolls so far I thought that was worth posting. I was able to get a Bicentennial Dollar and a Bicentennial Half out of that same lot for my personal enjoyment, but other than that they were normal coins. Still, not too bad for only the first day.

Hitting up 3 banks on my lunch break today and going to see what I can find. Will let you guys know if anything cool arises. Happy hunting!

Upvote 0

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
Outstanding! Been at this bout a month myself and have picked about 200 hundred Big dollars hoping to see a Peace or Morgan...all clad Ikes.
Any way nice pick on that :icon_thumleft:

HH

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Most of the time if there are some Peace or Morgan in there they are picked off by tellers. They stand out. Sad reality. I always pick them up anyway though.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread