Jun 6, 2011
Rochester Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Fisher F2 (DD coil)
Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i have seen individual rolls go for over $17 before! compared to that, this seems like a great deal! *seems like* ;D :laughing7:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
The crazy thing is that this guy has sold several lots of boxes just like that with $100 profit on each one. I too have seen the unsearched roll adds that people pay $20 or more for. Then you read their feedback and people complain "Hey there was no silver!!" Funny, sad and true.

Golden Silver

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$20 for shipping, i figured it would cost a lot more than that.

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
When I first saw those auctions and people actually buy, I sold several rolls of halves from one of my boxes. One went for 17.99 buy it now with 3.95 shipping and another went for 19.50 auction were 3 people kept bidding each other up...same shipping. My buddy who owns a ups store shipped em out for me for cheap, and we got a quick lunch on the fools who bought.

A few weeks later i got feedback, buy it now found nothing, the auction one found a 40%....good for them i guess

Captaindoodle

Feb 10, 2008
Gee,

But what if you find pennies, nickels, dimes, vapor, etc...in the rolls counted as halves?

Thank God for stupid people :icon_thumleft:

HH,
CD

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe i should go the ATM see if I can sell a $20 dollar bill for $30...who know it might have gold dust on it...endless possibilities

Th3Offspring

Aug 29, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
after ebay and paypal fees he will only end up making $25 dollars on the box. And i highly doubt it only costs $20 to ship that so he may end up with even less. Not worth it.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
If one can stomach all the bad feedback.. by all means go ahead.

I thought that the yellow box with black/white rolls were interesting. I've gotten those style boxes only twice. One was a skunk and the other had a 90%er and a 40%er. I just remember it because I don't often get boxes like that. Given those stats, you have a keeper per box ratio which isn't bad. LOL

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
mick56 said:
I looked the sellers feedback, it's %100 positive. The buyers like his stuff.

Read the neutrals.. I recall a good amount as concerning those. I've read neutral to negative feedbacks of other sellers of unsearched halves rolls and a lot of the complaints were on those items. Go Figure. People can put negative comments about the seller on a neutral rating. In fact, one can pretty much call any seller anything on Feebay feedback and they will not take it away.

I would not be buying unsearched halves rolls from the west coast. Northeast perhaps.

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
Whats funny is that they are paying ebay $60 in fees for EACH box they sell, barely a profit to be made...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread