WALKERS, FRANKLINS, AND KENNEDYS OH MY!!!!

mr.theman

Aug 29, 2006
McAlester, OK
Well I went on a hunting expedition today and hit several small town banks in my area. I picked up a grand total of $1047.50 in halves. One bank that was way out of the way in a little one horse town had $2.00 in halves so I went ahead and got them and I'll be darned there wasn't a 2004 S proof on top of the stack. I picked up $600 at another bank and hit the jackpot. They must have had these in the vault for awhile. I opened 5 STRAIGHT ROLLS OF SOLID SILVER :o!!! the last roll had 12-90% and 8-40%. My final total was 62 Franklins, 21 Walkers, 9-1964 JFK, and 29-40% along with a 2004 S proof and a 1986 S proof. I'm glad no one else was home when I opened these cause I was laughin like a freakin idiot ;D. Can't wait to do some more huntin but I'm not sure it will ever be the same ;).

HH
Mr.T

100_1326.jpg

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's mind boggling!! Congrats on an amazing haul! What's the oldest Walker?

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
HOLY SHIT!!!!!

Amazing finds congrats!

No wonder you neaded that program!!!

-CC

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unreal, great haul. I was going to post that I found 3 - 40% Kennedys in 2 rolls until I saw your finds !! Mine can wait. Ron

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YOU ARE THE KING!

Laughing??? I'd be shrieking with delight! People miles away would hear my screams of delight!

GREAT JOB!!!

Keep up the good work!

Phillip

OP
OP
mr.theman

mr.theman

Aug 29, 2006
McAlester, OK
Thanks for all the replies and kind words. I am still shocked everytime I think about it. Maybe I will roll them up just so I can open them again ;D.

Immy: The oldest walker is 1935.

Thanks and HH
Mr.T

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try this and let me us know how you do...
got back to the banks where you got all the silver from and ask for the large type dollar coins. remember NOT the small new ones ask for the large ones might get lucky!

OP
OP
mr.theman

mr.theman

Aug 29, 2006
McAlester, OK
I did ask and they had none :(. I try to remember to ask at every bank I go to and have not found any yet, but maybe someday. For now I will just enjoy the 2 ikes my grandpa gave me years ago.

HH
Mr.T

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cha-Ching.....

That is an amazing find Mr. Man! Thanks for letting us take a look, what a LUCKY find. :D :D :D

OP
OP
mr.theman

mr.theman

Aug 29, 2006
McAlester, OK
No I haven't tried $2.00 bills. What do I look for? LAdy at one bank said she had a whole bunch and that I was more than welcome to clean them out. May have to try it someday, but havin to much fun with halves right now.

HH
Mr.T

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
look for silver certificates, red seals
but to know all the things to look for you will have to ask coolcash ill get him on it.

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY nice!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on what will probably be an unbeatable day, but on that one I'd LOVE to be wrong...:):) Great job and keep at it, you;re on a roll (no pun intended...:) ) hell, I;m running around swinging my detector trying to find a silver half and then dig it out of the ground, and you go and find something like that just by walking into some banks...WTG!!!!! I think after your post, there may be alot more competition out there for you...:):) Hope you do at least half as well next time around...:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread