More fast-food silver!!

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Was eating at subway after work tonight, I know both the guys working and we strike up a conversation when there is noone else in the store. I am leaning over the counter and just so happened to glance at the automatic change dispenser and I spy a nice silver rim in the dime row. ;D I asked one of the guys working if I could change out a dime for a dime and he agreed. He pulled it out and sure enough, 1964D Rosie. They also said they would save anymore silver quarters and dimes that they may see. Anyone else ever found any silver at fast-food joints? This marks my second dime this year from this odd source. :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I once saw clearly a silver quarter in the dispenser of a McD, but I was told definitely no about getting it out. It was in the middle of the dispenser, and no one got it out by the end of my eating. :-\ :'(

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just a 1964 dime in perfect condition from burger king. my uncle handed me 2 mercs he got in change from walmart 4 years ago .

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
About 6 years ago I received a silver quarter in my change at Chick-fil-A but since I wasn't into coin collecting at the time I gave it to my father.

WinstonTX

Jul 5, 2010
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
About a month back I saw a '57 Rosie in the Subway tip jar (a massive 6"x6"x6" open-top cube with what looked like $50+ in change) sitting right on top . I asked the cashier if I could swap it out, but she either ignored me or didn't hear me... so I just swapped it out :)

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I average 1 silver dime every 150 rolls, that is 1 silver every 7,500 coins.
If my math is correct, the odds of getting a silver dime at a fast food restaurant is .0001%, lucky you!!! :D
Congrats
HH
bb

MDING TOM

Mar 19, 2006
Watton, MI. (Upper Pen.)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife works at Family Dollars and brings me home sliver dimes and quarters once in a while and wheat nearly everyday. Every once in awhile she fines a out of country coin and brings it home to me as well. One day she ended up bring home 6 Frankin halves for me what really made me happy lol.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I average 1 silver dime every 150 rolls, that is 1 silver every 7,500 coins.
If my math is correct, the odds of getting a silver dime at a fast food restaurant is .0001%, lucky you!!! :D
Congrats
HH
bb

the odds may be higher if you're fat:wink:

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting