Wheat War # 56 Dad vs Tanner with pics Tanner drops a nuke!

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
This battle was epic for Tanner! Tanner won the battle with Nuclear Bomb! He searched a bunch of rolls that I bought $5 at a time. I was driving North on Van Dyke in Warren, MI on my way to a show. I had some extra time so I stopped at some banks to look for halves. As usual, I always ask for $5 in cents. I will toss them in an empty box in my car for future battles. Tanner gets to choose first which box he will search. (He likes paper rolls over plastic). In his box were six rolls that had little hearts drawn on with blue ink. They were 6 solid rolls of Wheats.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: Tanner ended up with 310 wheats (oldest 1917) and 2 New Pennies. Out of the 6 solid rolls 291 were common 1940's and 1950's only two were S. The other 9 found were teens, 20's and 30' (see photo) the other 10 were found in the remaining rolls. None of the coins found were needed for our Found in the Wild book, only one of Tanners was an upgrade.

Meanwhile Dad scored 9 Wheats (oldest 1931 d) This was the only coin found still needed for our Found in the Wild book. It is pretty messed up but it will fill a hole. Dad also found 2 King George's (oldest 1938)

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

PS The Wheat War sheet says I found 10 (typo) it was 9.

PSS I could not remember what bank I found the rolls with the hearts. We do not live that close to that area so we did not go back and search for more. These were new looking customer rolled rolls. If they had looked old when I bought them I would have given them a quick check in the car.

PSSS The second photo is Tanner and his buddy from school searching the solid rolls of wheats.

Attachments

• Wheat War 56.JPG
    Wheat War 56.JPG
    311.6 KB · Views: 192
  • Tanner Wheats.JPG
    Tanner Wheats.JPG
    495.3 KB · Views: 169
Upvote 0

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Wow...that is cool.

I love it that you CRH with your son. My 11 year old hunts with me, and I love the time I spend with her.

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a major score for the young'in!! CONGRATULATIONS Tanner!!
:notworthy:
:notworthy::notworthy:
Finds like this will be forever remembered.

You guys are Awesome Happy Hunting.

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i think you just lost the war. gg on tanners part. to bad you do not live by the bank that got all the wheat rolls from.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you keep cumulative stats for all the wheat wars? If you don't, I am making an excel of them. However, I could not find #15 posted. I saw #14 and then #16.

The document is attached with this post ( I will delete this copy once I get #15 in):

PS: The document is a pdf, because an excel cannot be attached to Tnet

Attachments

• Wheat Wars.pdf
    119.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
OP
OP
gordon and tanner

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you keep cumulative stats for all the wheat wars? If you don't, I am making an excel of them. However, I could not find #15 posted. I saw #14 and then #16.

Hey Sagittarius,

It was neat to see the totals in your spread sheet. We have never figured the stats on all the Wheat Wars. I never seem to have the time to work on it. Wheat War # 15 is the only one we do not have a copy of. We do have all the rest of the Wheat War sheets saved on our Coin Picture Folder. I did find the coin sheet that is attached it was not numbered. It could been number 15. It is the only other coin sheet with wheats that we have.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Attachments

• 112_0397.JPG
    112_0397.JPG
    227.9 KB · Views: 217

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

Hey Sagittarius,

It was neat to see the totals in your spread sheet. We have never figured the stats on all the Wheat Wars. I never seem to have the time to work on it. Wheat War # 15 is the only one we do not have a copy of. We do have all the rest of the Wheat War sheets saved on our Coin Picture Folder. I did find the coin sheet that is attached it was not numbered. It could been number 15. It is the only other coin sheet with wheats that we have.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

I updated the spreadsheet with WW #15. Tanner really went ahead in the battles (by 400 wheats) last battle! Thank you for teh result sheet.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread