newbie question

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
I've always done better picking up rolls at smaller banks...I have seen some here who have had amazing luck with ordered boxes also...guess I was no help! ;)

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
Change banks. I wasn't having good luck at my bank and one teller was really rude to me. I am pretty sure its because she hunts for the silver halves also cause she made some comment about it. Once I changed banks I started doing better.

mr.theman

Aug 29, 2006
McAlester, OK
I have been CRHing hard for the past few days and let me share some observations with you.

The major haul I found friday http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,52095.0.html was followed by over $500 of rolls with zip that came from the same bank on the same day.

The trick is to try to get them all so you can get to the bottom of the stack in the vault. But that doesn't allways work cause I cleaned out the bank across the street and found nothing in $250. Did another bank yesterday and found nothing in $530 but then did pretty good from the bank across the street.

Always get what the teller has loose in her tray, I have found several keepers this way. If you ask a teller for all the halves she has and she pulls a few rolls out of her drawer ask her if they have any they could sell out of the vault, a lot of times the answer is yes, many tellers don't want to mess with the vault but if you ask them they usually will.

Small town banks seem to work better for me.

I have not ordered any boxes yet, but I have heard some amazing finds coming from boxes.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting
Mr.T

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they bring all rolls from in back,nothing lose,got another 100 on the way home from a different bank,zip,ginna order a box tomorrow just to see if theres a dif.thanks for all the replys

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another good way is to find a teller you either know or is friendly and have them watch for any silver and put it aside for you. Back when I had extra cash (before marriage and kids) I knew a teller very well and she watched for me and also had the other tellers doing the same, both at her bank and the other branches. Scored all kinds of silver that way...and if you find someone willing to do this for you, don;t forget to thank them, with words and actions...flowers or a surprise lunch for the crew delivered...kindness will go a long way with them and they will be more than happy to make the extra effort in watching for and holding the silver for you...HH!!!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mainedigger said:
Another good way is to find a teller you either know or is friendly and have them watch for any silver and put it aside for you. Back when I had extra cash (before marriage and kids) I knew a teller very well and she watched for me and also had the other tellers doing the same, both at her bank and the other branches. Scored all kinds of silver that way...and if you find someone willing to do this for you, don;t forget to thank them, with words and actions...flowers or a surprise lunch for the crew delivered...kindness will go a long way with them and they will be more than happy to make the extra effort in watching for and holding the silver for you...HH!!!

Good advice Mainedigger! A merchant teller I talk to about coins said his father gave him a Walker once but he doesn't know what happened to it. He asked if he could buy one off me and I said sure! But when I came in with it I just gave it to him no charge. He was so appreciative that now he keeps his eyes open for anything unusual and makes sure that when I buy my weekly box of nickels I don't get a box of all new ones. Generosity has its dividends.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions