Am I dreaming ? Still in shock...

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
Hi all, I have recently been posting about my dismal luck searching lately, with a scarce 40% here and there, as some of you may have read.

Today the last box was at my bank waiting for this week, and upon picking it up, I advised the Vault manager to cease ordering... my plan being to order from another company for a while and get a new source to search.

WELL.

I popped the glued lip of the box up when I got home, almost in a non-interested way, since this supplier had dried up on me for 2 months almost. And what did I see ? Franklin here, '64 there, Franklin over here... YES. Maybe a good one for a change. I then flipped the whole box and peeked in the holes just to see if anything caught my eye... and what did I see ?? Franklin here, Walker there, Walker over here, Franklin over there..

Now I was getting pumped. I figured the ends having so many goodies, the rest in the rolls would almost certainly be fruitful. And it certainly was.

I have no idea HOW this amount of OLD silver gets into new boxes, but I am sure glad it does. I was certainly due for a score, but I didnt realize it would be this nice. Rather than list each one, I took a picture. Have a look ;D ;D

coin1.jpg

coin2.jpg

The entire top row , are all Franklins. The entire 2nd row are all Walkers. The 3rd group are 1964's.
The little stack on the right is made up of 6 40% halves. And the left two singles. BARBERS baby !!

Now this is more like it. Oh BTW, after the 5th roll I opened, I called the Bank fast, and said "nevermind, keep ordering them please". HAHA I had one roll that had 2 Walkers, 1 Barber, 2 Franklins and a 40%. That happened to be the 5th roll, so thats when I called :)

Keep searchin ! I hope this strike lasts a few more boxes. They must have gotten a new batch to roll from somewhere, and its LOADED.

Take care - Raptor686

Upvote 0

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wait,hold i gotta put my eyes back in the sockets,AWESOME!,i just orderd a box today from my bank,its my first week coin rolling.i've gone thru about 600 bucks so far and nothing.why is it that box hold more silver?(i'm guesing,is that true and why?)as opposed to just going into a bank and picking them up

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one bee-yoo-tee-ful spread!! Four generations of halves in one box is just about unheard of! Nice going!

Groovedymond

May 23, 2006
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I hear your in the market for a new best friend, eh??? I just happen to know someone!! LOL :D

Simply amazing. To think that someone would turn in coins that were over 100 years.. just amazing..

Your type of story is what keeps all of us addicted.. just one more box.. just one more roll.. I just KNOW there's more out there!

Fantastic finds!

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I was worried there for a sec. I thought you were going to beat my date for the Barber. This is so awesome for you. Patience paid off. Good job.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Very very nice box! Been getting discouraged here lately myself..... well, maybe just one more box.... ;)

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
WOW!! Great haul!! I had a nice box two weeks ago and then my next four boxes yielded only 6 40% total.
Ive got two boxes waiting for pickup tomorrow. I hope my results are similar to yours :)

mr.theman

Aug 29, 2006
McAlester, OK
WOW!!!!!! That is an amazing box! I love those Barbers. I hope I find one someday, thats one I wouldn't let go of! Again congrats!!!

HH
Mr.T

OP
OP
RaptorSE

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
Wow cool replies - Im glad Im not the only one that gets excited over this stuff. My
wife just says " uh huh, neat". Meanwhile I sit there with each roll saying OMG, for about
40 of the 50 rolls :)

You guys/gals definitely gave me a laugh too.... awesome group !! I actually do have
occasional dreams for real, about finding tons of Walkers or something, so to me, this was just
like a dream. I simply cannot wait until next Wednesday - to get the next installment. Im
praying Im the only vulture on their route from around here LOL - and that 8-10 more boxes are sitting
there loaded , just waiting for my orders. ;)

Keep on huntin'

AFModell

Feb 27, 2006
DE
I think that is one of the sweetest boxes I have seen come across this forum since Ive been on it. Congrats to you on the luck and the fun of unwrapping all those. :)

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH WWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's an AMAZING BOX of halves, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! You even got Barbers, OMG :o :o

I know I would have been screaming while I unwrapped those rolls, my neighbors would have called the police on me.....something is wrong in that apartment officer....I hear screams comming from it. ROFL ;)

Shoot I would order two boxes per week, btw what state are you in? I'm in Ohio and I have never seen that type of box for halves around here. We have a plain brown box that is sealed with no holes to look into the box. Our armored car services are Dunbar and Brinks around here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread