2012 Canadian Penny

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
www.coinsandcanada.com

This is a great site with frequent updates on all aspects of Canadian coinage, and their forum is slowly gaining momentum and membership.

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I have only found two so far. For my part of the country April and May are usually the months new coins begin to reach general circulation.

OP
OP
M

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
I checked out ebay, 2012 Canadian pennies are going for $10 per roll or $1 each. I think that is crazy!
The RCM has been putting out 800 million pennies per year or 200 million per quarter. Even if production runs at half speed for only 3 months, that is still over 100 million!!

rammieB

May 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The final Canadian cent ever to be made came off the press on Friday. Experts forecast the eradication will save the northern country $11 million a year. Some say the same move should happen in the United States, as well. It cost the Canadian government about 1.6 cents to produce its copper-coated, maple leaf-stamped penny. In addition to that calculable loss, many say the penny has become virtually worthless. They are not accepted in vending machines or parking meters. They have so little value that most consumers considered them to be more of a bother than they are worth. Canada mints its last penny. Should the U.S., too?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread