Doing terrific the past few years

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi yuall! OK, I'm tired of just lurking here. Not only am I a successful old timer metal detectorist, but also fully enjoy the fun, art & science of CRH. I'm always amazed at how many vintage coins that can & are still being found. FYI, I've been searching boxes of all denominations of coins for years now. But my favorite are halves. Here's wishing yuall much continued success as well. Don't give up because you never know what prized goodies may be in that next box or roll. It's the element of surprise that keeps me going. Remember, time is of the essence & patience is a virtue. HH.

Upvote 0

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi yuall! OK, I'm tired of just lurking here. Not only am I a successful old timer metal detectorist, but also fully enjoy the fun, art & science of CRH. I'm always amazed at how many vintage coins that can & are still being found. FYI, I've been searching boxes of all denominations of coins for years now. But my favorite are halves. Here's wishing yuall much continued success as well. Don't give up because you never know what prized goodies may be in that next box or roll. It's the element of surprise that keeps me going. Remember, time is of the essence & patience is a virtue. HH.

Hey Old Timer! Look out for Tim Zim, he is tearing it up in NJ. What is your oldest half find? Mine is an 1899 O Barber half.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum, I am looking forward to sharing finds with you, and hearing your finds! PM sent :)

OP
OP
T

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I call myself an old timer in the respect that I've been detecting since 14 yrs old in 1973. I'm only 53 yrs young & by definition am by no means an old senior. On my 3rd time old using a cheap Radio Shack unit I found an 1882 $5 gold coin & I've been hooked ever since. I've only found 1 half dime in my career & I think it was 1898. My oldest U.S. silver was a Heraldic Eagle dime dated 1807. But the 1825 Capped Bust half was a great find too along with Spanish Reales, etc.. I do not know Tim Zim but if he hunts farm fields I'm sure we crossed paths. I'm retired from the Federal Govt & not only enjoy CRH but all aspects & other forms of TH'ing as well. I'm even ambitious enough to get back into bottle dump digging. But lately I've been CRH like crazy. FYI, I'm still going strong detecting too. Just last year alone I found 5000 coins. The earth is my treasure vault & I keep tapping into it. Later...

OP
OP
T

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stand corrected. The half dime I found is dated 1861. And thanks for telling that Tim is from NJ. NJ is the most densely populated state & there are 1000s of banks all over. Its a CRH paradise. That's why people do good here. And its forums like this who make everything publicly known & educating the masses in the process & is why there are way too many people doing it now. Karl Von Mueller - The Father of Treasure Hunting said it best..."the less people know about me & what I do the better off I am". Mums the word. Ssssshhhhhhh.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome JD! Are you still using the RadioCrash? I began my dirtfishing career the same time as yourself, got my wings with the Jetco Mustang.

ffd

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys i do metal detecting i have a white. Most of all crhing is best. I get some from cleaning out houses. I do a few bags when i can get them. They are good to. Am brand new to crh less then a year. It adds up fast. If some one is on this sight he knows whats up. And i think we should help each other How ever we can. There is alot out there. Good luck to all and happy hunting!!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey guys i do metal detecting i have a white. Most of all crhing is best. I get some from cleaning out houses. I do a few bags when i can get them. They are good to. Am brand new to crh less then a year. It adds up fast. If some one is on this sight he knows whats up. And i think we should help each other How ever we can. There is alot out there. Good luck to all and happy hunting!!

Oh, ok. I never saw you post about your MD finds, but that is because I mainly just read this section, and you have no MDs listed in the box below your avatar.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread