Ol Gilmore needs some advice, big bankrollers

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I rarely ask for advice because I do quite well CRHing. But today I had an opportunity present itself...and I need advice.

A guy in my military shop wants to invest $5K in my online business and I will give him a 10% return, in 6 months. I can far exceed this...BUT I can only buy my inventory at certain times of the year, next one being much later. However, I didnt tell him this part. He is pushing pretty hard because he has $50K of investing money....so thats the background.

So the CRH part of my brain tells me to use his $5K in addition to the $4K budget that I currently work with. He doesnt have to know how his 10% is delivered...so why cant I hunt with his $5K, sell $500 (10% of his 5K) worth of my finds for cash when the 6 months is up....and keep the rest of the silver spoils for myself?? The only risk I can think of is, I get robbed and lose his 5K...and probably my 4K. I definetly dont want to let him know about CRH, even though hes in the San Diego area, and not Phoenix.

Please comment and let me know your thoughts, especially if you have a bigger bankroll. Thanks!!

Upvote 0

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To increase my bankroll i took advantage of some credit card offers. The best one was 4% transaction fee 0% interest untill august 2013. As most of my money has been tied up elswhere the $40 per thousand was worth it and has already been covered. I just have to make sure i dont spend the money before august 2013 on anything but boxes of halves.
After you pay that off (if your credit is good) you will get more/better offers. Discover just offered my 0% tranfer fee and 0% interest for one year, $5000 credit limit. I wrote out one of the checks they sent me to myself and put it into my checking account, the next day withdrew $5000 and upped my CRH budget for a year.
And Gilmore, I think you'll be fine, just mention the "does not invole any illegal activity" thing.

AgHawk

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just tell the guy you can offer him a 6 month GD (Gilmortificate of deposit) at a 10% rate of return, with a minimum deposit of $5,000.

midntmn

Dec 15, 2011
one of the 13 colonies
Primary Interest:
Other
Tell him what you are going to use it for. Give him his 10% ($500) up front with the promise to pay him $5000 in 6 months . Finalize the agreement either with a promissory note or do it as a handshake deal. In other words, he gives you $4500 now, you give him $5000 in 6 months. He actually makes a little more interest on his investment and you have $4500 to roll over each week in boxes - and you both can sleep better at night. That gives you 9 boxes a week, or approximately 225 boxes you can search in 6 months, using a minimum of your cash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread