Any Luck with Dunbar Halves?

Infector101

Mar 20, 2012
Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm relatively new to CRH and I wanted to know how others are averaging with a certain supplier. I just finished checking my fourth box of halves and I got skunked for the fourth time. I know it's not many boxes but it's still frustrating. The courier at the bank I use is Dunbar and and the halves come in a $500 1x5x10 yellow box with N F String & Son wrappers. I see A LOT of marked coins (up to 2-3 per roll) and I'm hoping the silver supply hasn't dried up. I live in northeast Pennsylvania and I was wondering if anyone else has had any luck.

Upvote 0

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6 streak here, getting 4 more today will either be a breaker or a total of 10

Skunkcute.jpg

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dunbar uses gravaton spectrographs to zap out all the silver and clad proofs. You wont find anything.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Infector101 - The carrier really has nothing to do with it, they don't cull silver, however you should diversify a little.

Just do as much volume as you can every week, open some other bank accounts so you can tap into some brinks or Garda supplied banks.

Volume is king!

HH
Bigheed

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I've ever gotten is the NF string and son yellow half boxes. Don't know the courier, maybe it's Dunbar. Either way These boxes have silver in them, don't worry. Although in the last 8 boxes I've only found two silvers, one Ben and one 40%. Sometimes I do better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread