Rule#1 of CRH....can actually backfire!!!

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all know Rule #1, dont talk about CRH! Well I was visiting my folks today and I see a plastic bag of a bunch of rolled pennies, $8.50 worth. My first thought, has my mother started CRHing? just kidding. So I ask her what they are for. Oh, Im turning them into the bank, your dad and I have had all this change for years.

My next question is the seasoned CRHer, response...well do you have any quarters, dimes, and nickels too youre getting rid of? She tells me she already cashed them in at the bank!! DOH DOH DOH!! So I at least bought the $8.50 in pennies from her and they have been quite loaded so far with copper. I broke down and told her about the copper content in '81 and older...bc she thought I was a freako for wanting to buy them from her. lol. Didnt even mention 82's.

Mom, you know I like coins...didnt even think of me. Probably skunk on all that change anyways, but makes ya think of the possibilities.

Upvote 0
F

Farchaus2k

Crazy right?? I know exactly where you are coming from. I have literally become my family's coinstar. They give me all their change and I give them cash.

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
same with my family.

ughh missed hundreds of silvers. #@$@$#%

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
First I am still amazed that my rules of CRHing are still circulating after several years through this forum. LOL. Yes, in this case it would have been good to have talked about CRHing. Oh well, you win some and you lose some.

Golden Silver

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought over $200 worth from my neighbor, their daughters piggy bank broke and they were going to take all the rolls to the bank. Only found 1 wheat in the whole bunch. I actually may have felt bad if I sniped silver from a 7 year old little girl.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it is okay to tell your family about CRH (unless they like coins) because you can miss out on something like this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread