Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Apr 2012
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    MD/DC here and finds have definitely slowed down for me as well. Other than a few boxes with some 90% and one box with 13 keepers last week, Im seeing 1-3 keepers per box with a good share of skunks. Have only seen a few boxes with codes since december.

Got a call from one of my pickup banks (Capital One) saying that they have changed the company policy on ordering money and they can no longer order half dollars and large dollars. This is including my 2 boxes scheduled for delivery tuesday. Anyone else use Capital One and heard anything?

Apr 2012
    2 times
    Update: Called my other Capital One pickup and Capital One has been researching the costs of people ordering halves. Capital One corporate requested my information and why I was ordering so many halves. At this branch I never gave them any account information so maybe I wont get cut off unless it is in fact a company wide policy.Waiting on a call back from the vault teller now. Guess banks are wising up?

us
    Feb 2012
    703 times
    With all the bad decisions big banks have made you'd think they would cater to the last few of us that stick up for 'em!

us
    Mar 2012
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Terp08 View Post
    MD/DC here and finds have definitely slowed down for me as well. Other than a few boxes with some 90% and one box with 13 keepers last week, Im seeing 1-3 keepers per box with a good share of skunks. Have only seen a few boxes with codes since december.

Got a call from one of my pickup banks (Capital One) saying that they have changed the company policy on ordering money and they can no longer order half dollars and large dollars. This is including my 2 boxes scheduled for delivery tuesday. Anyone else use Capital One and heard anything?
    Happened to me two weeks ago. They said they'd order boxes for biz accout holders only. Heard that some branches started to charge fees too.

us
    Feb 2012
    155 times
    Coin roll hunting
    Havent heard anything from my capital one pick ups. I ended up taking a few weeks from halves, picking up 2 dime boxes in the next hour, will check in with vault teller. As for the IKEs, if I do get some, no I have no idea how I would dump them. I would probably try to sell on craigslist, seems like the quickest way to just be rid of them. Unless I am somehow able to get consistent orders of them, I am not worried. Worst case I will have 1k in IKEs to spend around town.

us
    Feb 2012
    155 times
    Coin roll hunting
    Just called capital one to check on those boxes...guy tells me all branches wont order anymore unless you have a business account...damn it.

Any suggestion on what other major banks I should explore in this area that will order boxes w/o fees or business accounts?

Apr 2012
    2 times
    I have ordered from M&T before. Going to order $1k from them this week and hope I can get one last order from my one capital one on tuesday. If not I will attempt to order from another M&T branch to keep at 4 boxes a week.

I need another dump bank to increase volume, BB&T take coinlok bags?

us
    Mar 2012
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Terp08 View Post

I need another dump bank to increase volume, BB&T take coinlok bags?
    Some of BB&T branches around DC have coin counters. They are pretty good but make sure you spend extra time to look at each coin. Damaged coins (bended, rim damage, etc.) will run these machine to a complete stop. Only S&S service person can fix this problem. As per coinlok bag, you will have to ask teller supervisors. Wells Fargo offered me this option. I guess they might be getting tired of our CWR dumps. You may want to check with them.

us
    Dec 2011
    41 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperHunter View Post
    Some of BB&T branches around DC have coin counters. They are pretty good but make sure you spend extra time to look at each coin. Damaged coins (bended, rim damage, etc.) will run these machine to a complete stop. Only S&S service person can fix this problem.
    I dump at BB&T quite a bit with their counters and you are very correct with the damaged coins. I try to make sure to pull out all chipped, bent, etc coins. The banks usually have a key to get in there and free up the jam. There is one bank where I dump that has a S&S machine that always used to jam, I helped the tellers fix it and now they pretty much will come and open it for me if it jams and I'll fix it. Then they leave the key in the machine in case it happens again. I just give them the key back on the way out. These machines also jam up if you put too much in at once.

us
    The Mad CRH

Mar 2011
    Eastern US
    20 times
    You *******s, I order from BB&T.

us
    Sir

Oct 2011
    Rubber room
    8 times
    coin roll hunting
    Yep, and people dump into Wells, and TD, and Capital One, and PNC, and BoA... I guarentee I can find someone on this forum who dumps into someone's pickup bank
    Doomsday Prepper

us
    Feb 2012
    155 times
    Coin roll hunting
    I need see if PNC or TD will order boxes for me

us
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford, You'll be missed.

Feb 2011
    in front of you in the bank
    1306 times
    TD and PNC won't order halves for me
    HH
    BuffaloBoy

us
    Feb 2012
    155 times
    Coin roll hunting
    I need a new bank around here for ordering since capital one decided to stop all around. BofA or SunTrust?

us
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford, You'll be missed.

Feb 2011
    in front of you in the bank
    1306 times
    BofA will sell me 1 box of half dollars per month
    ...and I take full advantage of that one box per month, only had 1 box in the past 10 months with silver in it though
    HH
    BuffaloBoy

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsors