DC area hunters

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey folks-
Those of you that hunt in Northern VA and around DC(i know there are plenty of you)... What are your silver numbers looking like?
I do big volume and have had a sharp decline in silver- I am riding about 4 silver out of the last 30 or so boxes. 2 different carriers are now clad piles....

Any similar trends your way?
N8

Upvote 0

Terp08

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have ordered from M&T before. Going to order $1k from them this week and hope I can get one last order from my one capital one on tuesday. If not I will attempt to order from another M&T branch to keep at 4 boxes a week.

I need another dump bank to increase volume, BB&T take coinlok bags?

hyperHunter

Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Some of BB&T branches around DC have coin counters. They are pretty good but make sure you spend extra time to look at each coin. Damaged coins (bended, rim damage, etc.) will run these machine to a complete stop. Only S&S service person can fix this problem. As per coinlok bag, you will have to ask teller supervisors. Wells Fargo offered me this option. I guess they might be getting tired of our CWR dumps. You may want to check with them.

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Some of BB&T branches around DC have coin counters. They are pretty good but make sure you spend extra time to look at each coin. Damaged coins (bended, rim damage, etc.) will run these machine to a complete stop. Only S&S service person can fix this problem.

I dump at BB&T quite a bit with their counters and you are very correct with the damaged coins. I try to make sure to pull out all chipped, bent, etc coins. The banks usually have a key to get in there and free up the jam. There is one bank where I dump that has a S&S machine that always used to jam, I helped the tellers fix it and now they pretty much will come and open it for me if it jams and I'll fix it. Then they leave the key in the machine in case it happens again. I just give them the key back on the way out. These machines also jam up if you put too much in at once.

OP
OP
n8dagr8345

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, and people dump into Wells, and TD, and Capital One, and PNC, and BoA... I guarentee I can find someone on this forum who dumps into someone's pickup bank

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I need a new bank around here for ordering since capital one decided to stop all around. BofA or SunTrust?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BofA will sell me 1 box of half dollars per month
...and I take full advantage of that one box per month, only had 1 box in the past 10 months with silver in it though

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess I'll make some calls Monday and see if I can find a bank to open an account with that can order me boxes. If that doesnt pan out, I am pretty much done :(

Terp08

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of BB&T branches around DC have coin counters. They are pretty good but make sure you spend extra time to look at each coin. Damaged coins (bended, rim damage, etc.) will run these machine to a complete stop. Only S&S service person can fix this problem. As per coinlok bag, you will have to ask teller supervisors. Wells Fargo offered me this option. I guess they might be getting tired of our CWR dumps. You may want to check with them.

May have to look into this....

Yep, and people dump into Wells, and TD, and Capital One, and PNC, and BoA... I guarentee I can find someone on this forum who dumps into someone's pickup bank

Not sure how someone would dump into capital one, their coin counter doesnt like halves, miscounts them and jams it up. Maybe somebody with a family member who will take bagged coins but i doubt it.

Have $3k as my crh bankroll. I may have to devote some to opening an account for a new order bank if ordering through my brothers M&T account becomes a hassle. Gonna leave my capital one account open because its too convenient for me location wise eventho theyre bringing in fees (unless you maintain a minumum balance)

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I have 4-5 capital one branches near me that I rotate my dumps through. They take halves just fine, have yet to have a miscount and it counts them pretty quick. I have eliminated all the branches w the wacked out counters that suck w halves.
If I can find another bank to order for me, then capital one will eat all my dumps.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I have ordered from M&T before. Going to order $1k from them this week and hope I can get one last order from my one capital one on tuesday. If not I will attempt to order from another M&T branch to keep at 4 boxes a week.

When I resume my CRH in a month, I will be ordering from M&T, great bank.

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ohhh M&T I got a few branches close. Wooooop free account, no stupid fees and no 1500 min balance for no fees. I am open that sucker next week :P

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pnc gets me all most all my boxes and some from wellfargo. My coin count down a little but still ok?? I will get better when they need more cash. For gifts or ?? fuel oil who knows

Terp08

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohhh M&T I got a few branches close. Wooooop free account, no stupid fees and no 1500 min balance for no fees. I am open that sucker next week :P

Ordered $1k from M&T today, due in on friday. May have to see about ordering from a few more branches.

Still kind of waiting to see if my order at my other capital one branch comes in this week or if thats a lost cause. They said they had already placed the order and were unsure if it would show.

Need to find a way to start dumping on them. May need to mix $1k in dimes into my weekly search

Pnc gets me all most all my boxes and some from wellfargo. My coin count down a little but still ok?? I will get better when they need more cash. For gifts or ?? fuel oil who knows

PNC has a decently high minimum balance right?

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
From looking online, if I am not getting all the banks jumbled up it was 1500.

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My numbers have been looking pretty nice. I have increased my small volume to "big" volume in the past couple months and have nearly tripled my findings. I went through some skunks a month ago but after I got past 20 boxes, the last 50 boxes have been pretty nice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread