Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't usually do a lot of volume, but over the last 5 or so weeks I've done about 30-35 half boxes and have found 1-90% and 7 or 8 40%. Also did 10 dime boxes and found 1 1964 rosie. So yeah, the silver seemed to have quickly evaporated here, temporarily I hope. I cancelled all my half boxes for this week, might also take next week off as well, but that is mostly because I am having dumping issues.Correction: I have 2 dime boxes on Thursday, we'll see what happens but I am not expecting much of anything.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's enough reason to move onto other financial exploits. my numbers have been down too, mostly with halves (although I'm not in the DC area). Maybe because we're further away from the holidays?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a little north of ya, suffered a 30 box skunk streak recantly, it ain't fun, let me tell ya.
who are your coin carriers?

hyperHunter

Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any similar trends your way?
N8

Same here. After the delay two weeks ago that I told you, things changed drastically. I think it's not that the driver forgot to load the boxes but they didn't have them to deliver. I guess we all might have already depleted the "bottom of the pallet" boxes. My finds for the week were pretty much the same, percentage wise.

hyperHunter

Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe because we're further away from the holidays?

Hmmm....that's a good question. I had this same hypothesis as well couple months ago. People probably over spent during the holidays seasons then they had to liquidate everything the could to pay off CC debt. Rainy day coin buckets usually are the first to go. I guess I will have to wait until early 2013 to answer this question.

Silverhoard

Apr 23, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
N/A
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm in MD and do 6 boxes a week. In the last 18 boxes pulled 6 40%. I know there are people on here who have 30 box skunk runs but this was new to me. 6 or 7 weeks ago I had 68 from my 6 boxes. This has been a bad spell for me. I'm in PA once a week for work so I dump up near Harrisburg, PA. Tryin to get that clad away from me:)

midntmn

Dec 15, 2011
one of the 13 colonies
Primary Interest:
Other
I do about 15 boxes a week (NOVA) and it has been about the same for maybe the last 3 or 4 weeks. to add insult onto injury, one of my supplier banks that had always been a good source, began charging $25 a box for delivery. I decided to drop them after going through 4 boxes with no results. It now takes me about 2 weeks (i.e. about 30+ boxes) to fill a 20 coin roll.

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
In MD it's been a little slow. My pickup bank ordered me 10 boxes last week by accident (I'm usually only doing 3 or 4 per week). I've gotten through 7 so far and have got 3 x 90% (all Franklins) and 3 x 40%. I know that's pretty good, but that's with 4 skunks. Even before this batch it's been slow. The coded boxes have disappeared too, those produced well when they were out there, I'm guessing that supply has been depleted. I might switch things up for a bit and try more dimes and nickels. We'll see.

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ye I am not getting any codes either, although the last few I got were pretty terrible, i got 5 straight what were all rerolled dumps...someone turned in the clad in the normal yellow/white rolls and then they got repackaged in the box and sent to my bank...lame...codes were 4105 I think...the wrappers were also marked. A capital one manager did tell he could order me Ikes and would tell his tellers to hold any old silver dollars for me (I did not mention silver at all, he knows about it and I guess cool with saving it for me). I hope that actually pans out.

OP
OP
n8dagr8345

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
Ye I am not getting any codes either, although the last few I got were pretty terrible, i got 5 straight what were all rerolled dumps...someone turned in the clad in the normal yellow/white rolls and then they got repackaged in the box and sent to my bank...lame...codes were 4105 I think...the wrappers were also marked. A capital one manager did tell he could order me Ikes and would tell his tellers to hold any old silver dollars for me (I did not mention silver at all, he knows about it and I guess cool with saving it for me). I hope that actually pans out.

Probably 4015. I had 16 boxes of those devils with only a few silver coins to show.
Keep me posted on the ikes. Id love to find a local chain that may be able to order em.

hyperHunter

Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Got one of these true dump boxes few weeks ago. They probably ain't got time to re-process. Good thing was I didn't have to waste my time on that box. Just dump them back right away. Do you have plan to dump Ike coins? I notice that many coin counters won't take them.

Terp08

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MD/DC here and finds have definitely slowed down for me as well. Other than a few boxes with some 90% and one box with 13 keepers last week, Im seeing 1-3 keepers per box with a good share of skunks. Have only seen a few boxes with codes since december.

Got a call from one of my pickup banks (Capital One) saying that they have changed the company policy on ordering money and they can no longer order half dollars and large dollars. This is including my 2 boxes scheduled for delivery tuesday. Anyone else use Capital One and heard anything?

Terp08

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update: Called my other Capital One pickup and Capital One has been researching the costs of people ordering halves. Capital One corporate requested my information and why I was ordering so many halves. At this branch I never gave them any account information so maybe I wont get cut off unless it is in fact a company wide policy.Waiting on a call back from the vault teller now. Guess banks are wising up?

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all the bad decisions big banks have made you'd think they would cater to the last few of us that stick up for 'em!

hyperHunter

Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MD/DC here and finds have definitely slowed down for me as well. Other than a few boxes with some 90% and one box with 13 keepers last week, Im seeing 1-3 keepers per box with a good share of skunks. Have only seen a few boxes with codes since december.

Got a call from one of my pickup banks (Capital One) saying that they have changed the company policy on ordering money and they can no longer order half dollars and large dollars. This is including my 2 boxes scheduled for delivery tuesday. Anyone else use Capital One and heard anything?

Happened to me two weeks ago. They said they'd order boxes for biz accout holders only. Heard that some branches started to charge fees too.

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Havent heard anything from my capital one pick ups. I ended up taking a few weeks from halves, picking up 2 dime boxes in the next hour, will check in with vault teller. As for the IKEs, if I do get some, no I have no idea how I would dump them. I would probably try to sell on craigslist, seems like the quickest way to just be rid of them. Unless I am somehow able to get consistent orders of them, I am not worried. Worst case I will have 1k in IKEs to spend around town.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions