So close again! UGH. (Still a great find)

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Was out and about today and had alittle bit of cash on me so I decided to try and find some CWRs. I stopped at a bank I had scored at before and asked if they had any halves, $360 of them. I was thinking great, Someones dumps. I get $200 of them and the first roll I find a 68D 40%. I am thinking SWEET. The rest of the rolls had XXXXXX marked on the sides and contained nothing but a nice 79S clad proof. I went and dumped those off and had to talk myself into going back and getting the rest.. I get back and get the last 16 rolls and all of them but 2 had the XXXXX's on the side of the roll. I opened the first roll without any markings and found a 66 and thought great it was worth it. The next roll I opened the end and immediately saw a 40% reverse. My heart started racing and I poured it in my hand. 15 out of 20 were silver! I thought dang so close to a solid roll again and was alittle sad. Then it hit me I just found an awesome roll of silver halves!! All in All $360 of CWR yielded 17 40% and one NICE proof. It was a great day!!

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW glad to see you scored something decant, hope those silvers keep pouring your way!
Now you gotta dump them clads in the nice new coin counter, I am sure the machine will gladly suck them up!
HH
Buff

Dekay

Dec 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a good score IP. It seems halves are a little slow right now. Congrats!

HH Dave

smitty58d

Feb 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha "decant" again. You guys are to funny. 15 in one roll!!! wish I could get that out of one box. Great find
WOW glad to see you scored something decant, hope those silvers keep pouring your way!
Now you gotta dump them clads in the nice new coin counter, I am sure the machine will gladly suck them up!
HH
Buff

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HH
Buff

I can see the hawk now, he is on final approach and has landing clearance to runway 1EDECANT.....:laughing7:

Captaindoodle

Feb 10, 2008
I can see the hawk now, he is on final approach and has landing clearance to runway 1EDECANT.....:laughing7:

Negative, Ghostrider the pattern is full!!!

To the OP...nice find...that seems to be about a month's worth of hunting for me these days...used to be a couple of decent boxes.

HH,
CD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread