Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: BEGINNERS GUIDE TO COIN ROLL HUNTING!!! + TERMS

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

May 2012
    Kalamity Falls, Orygun
    Whites M6
    1476 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    How much does a box of halves cost?? Thanks.....

Expert CRH'er/ Newb Dirt Fisherman

Oct 2012
    Fema Region 3
    Ace 250, garret pro pointer, sawtooth gator
    772 times
    $500. dont take it back to the same bank when its been searched.
    There is a war on for your mind(whether you know it yet or not)

“Truth is treason in the empire of lies.” - Ron Paul

us
    Greg

Jul 2014
    Wilkes-Barre
    Garrett AT Pro with 8.5x11 DD stock coil, 5x8 DD and NEL Storm coil. Garrett Pro Pointer
    198 times
    When purchasing coins, is it better to ask for bank rolled coins or customer rolled?

Jan 2015
    3 times
    I've had 50/50 luck on either manually vs machine/bank rolled. Better to just ask for a box. Some places will give you a mix box that they have been rerolling, etc.

Sent from my beer can using pocket lint.

us
    Ryan

Jan 2015
    Nor Cal
    Great thread! Think i might try this soon.
    Sk

us
    Feb 2014
    PA
    52 times
    Was wondering is there an updated list anywhere for CRH?

us
    Apr 2005
    North Carolina
    Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett AT Gold
    1693 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hostagedk View Post
    Was wondering is there an updated list anywhere for CRH?
    Sorry, just saw this. Why would there be an "updated" list. The same thing applies now as it did when this was created. No new approach and no new system.
    2017 COIN ROLL HUNTING TOTALS!

Wheats..417
    Buffalos..0
    war nickels.0
    Silv Dimes...-0
    Silv Quarters-0/0
    Barbers-0/0
    Walker 1
    Bens- 0
    Kenn. 90%- 4
    Kenn. 40%- 49
    Proof- 6
    Silv. Proof -1
    Commemorative-0/0

us
    Cat wrangler

Jan 2014
    Pennsylvania
    Eurotek Pro
    31 times
    Metal Detecting
    Is dumping your purchased coins back into your usual bank only a bad thing if you do a lot of coin roll hunting and/or buy a crapload of boxes? I'm asking because I'd like to try this, but I'm not sure if it'll be something I regularly pursue. I think I might just have to give my bank a call because it seems like all banks differ on whether they'll take back and/or trade unwanted boxed coins, if you need an account to buy a box, rolled vs. unrolled, and so on. Should I do this, I'm probably going to check out everything but halves. With the assistance of the folks here, I'm currently trying to figure out what to do with the 200+ halves I've got and I'm kinda sick of looking at them right now, and I really want to try to add some more dimes to my tiny, pathetic coin collection.

Mar 2013
    697 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkLover View Post
    Is dumping your purchased coins back into your usual bank only a bad thing if you do a lot of coin roll hunting and/or buy a crapload of boxes? I'm asking because I'd like to try this, but I'm not sure if it'll be something I regularly pursue. I think I might just have to give my bank a call because it seems like all banks differ on whether they'll take back and/or trade unwanted boxed coins, if you need an account to buy a box, rolled vs. unrolled, and so on. Should I do this, I'm probably going to check out everything but halves. With the assistance of the folks here, I'm currently trying to figure out what to do with the 200+ halves I've got and I'm kinda sick of looking at them right now, and I really want to try to add some more dimes to my tiny, pathetic coin collection.
    DONT dump at the bank you pick up at, even if its a small amount, if you plan to hunt regularly-
    As for needing an account to get boxes, some banks/CUs require it some dont, you just have to ask

us
    Jul 2015
    Garrett AT Pro
    17 times
    I just started coin roll hunting off of the idea of maybe older coins might be in there, then i found out this is an actual thing. I greatly appreciate this post it helped me understand CRH a whole lot better. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 2016
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkLover View Post
    Yea, I have an account at chase and one at a local credit union with a free coin machine. I use the chase as my pick up and the credit union as my drop off. It's nice because there are chase banks everyone, so I can go around to different ones.

us
    Von Riff

Aug 2016
    Maple Valley WA
    Whites Classic ID
    30 times
    Cool info, just started coin roll searching along with my metal detecting hobby. I'll be going thru nickels, dimes and quarters this weekend. I'll post if I find anything of interest.

us
    Research Research Research

Mar 2017
    Boston, MA
    Bounty Hunter
    63 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Awesome write up! Wow this would have saved me a lot of embrassment years ago...LOL

PP
    “Courtesy is the one coin you can never have too much of or be stingy with.” ~John Wanamaker~

2017 CRH FInds
    Wheaties:129 IHP: 0 Silver- War Nickels: 2 Dimes: 0 Quarters: 0 Halves: 0 Dollars: )
    Culls: Too Many
    Canadian: 63 Cents: 61
    Other: 8
    Updated 24 Aug 2017
    Metal Detecting:
    Cents: 2 Nickels: 3 Dimes: 1 Quarters: 5
    Other: 1 earring
    Updated 2 September 2017

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links