I Finally Found a Franklin "Bugs Bunny" half dollar.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been looking for a long time for one of these. I thought they were virtually non-existant. Cheers, Jim
1956_half_dollar_obv copy.jpg

Attachments

• 1956_half_dollar_obv.jpg
    1956_half_dollar_obv.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEEEEEEEEEEEA BUDDY! Nice PROOF bugs bunny, happy to see you have access to a computer in jail

Coolpix bro, show us some more

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coolpix9,
You are my fav par none! I love it. :laughing7:

PS: The toes in the sand and the beer in the hand are coming soon. LOL. It is time :) Galveston, O, Galveston!

apush

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why do they call it a "bugs bunny?"

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coolpix9,
You are my fav par none! I love it. :laughing7:

PS: The toes in the sand and the beer in the hand are coming soon. LOL. It is time :) Galveston, O, Galveston!

apush

I lived in Texas about an hour away from Galveston until just a few months ago. Galveston is by far my favorite place in Texas, I have many friends there and would visit every chance I got. I used to fish off the 61st street pier all the time up until Ike blew it away. They rebuilt it just this summer. Say hi to the redfish for me, hope you're living it up!

Last edited:
OP
OP
coolpix9

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
1956_half_dollar_obv copy.jpg Thank you all for your interest in my obviously PhotoShopped Bugs Bunny. For you purists I have decided to fix the minor "Fox Paw" in the date on the coin. For those of you that didn't see my post as a joke, I am truly sorry.

Last edited:
OP
OP
coolpix9

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Diggit, there are a few examples of the 1955 Franklin Half that appear to have whiskers. Probably a die crack or some other minting problem. The whiskers reminded someone of Bugs Bunny and you have a collectible on your hands. Thanks, Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread