Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: EE hopes that May flowers into lots of AG

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2011
    Constant state of misery
    232 times
    Coin Roll Hunting

EE hopes that May flowers into lots of AG

Punny huh?

Goal for this month should be pretty easy to hit, 136 oz

Well, first two boxes of the month are in.

Box 1: Skunk
    Box 2: Skunk

0.0000 ozt found in May - 6.1559 away from goal of 136 ozt

6 boxes due on Friday.

us
    Feb 2012
    33 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I got two skunks today too. May isnt starting well. but I also picked up two boxes of dimes for the first time and picked up 3 rosies.
    1946, 1957 and 1959 from dime box #2
    Last edited by smitty58d; May 02, 2012 at 09:03 PM. Reason: add

us
    Dec 2011
    Constant state of misery
    232 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    $590 in CWR dimes done today, 2 Rosies found.

Total for May

2 - Rosies

0.1446 ozt found in May - 6.0113 away from goal of 136 ozt

I have $64 in CWR nickels to do tomorrow along with the MWR halves.

us
    Mar 2012
    6 times
    I've already gotten 1 ounce. 1 1969 half, 1 1964 half, 2 1963 quarters and 1 1937 Canadian quarter

us
    Dec 2011
    Constant state of misery
    232 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Box 3: Skunk
    Box 4: Skunk
    Box 5: Skunk
    Box 6: Skunk
    Box 7: Skunk

Current record for skunks is sitting at 9, set in early Feb. At least may has an extra week in it so the extra week got flubbed. I am going to save the nickels for Sunday, I am a bit unmotivated at the moment lol.

Total for May

2 - Rosies
    8 - Skunks

0.1446 ozt found in May - 6.0113 away from goal of 136 ozt

Edited: Looked at my CRH Records, I had one skunk to end the month of April so that brings me to 8 skunks in a row. Can I break my record of 9? Seems pretty likely at this pace. Per my records, after the last 9 skunk streak, I had a 9 box pay streak totaling 10.5 ozt so one more week to wait and see.
    Last edited by The_EE; May 05, 2012 at 05:44 AM.

us
    Dec 2011
    Constant state of misery
    232 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Last weeks $54 in Nickels were a skunk

Picked up a 2011 Maple Leaf from the coin shop on todays dip in prices, been wanting one for a while, now I have one

Dumped my halves from last week, picked up $28 in nickels and $105 in dimes, got a dateless Buffalo eager for a vinegar bath and a Rosie.

Total for May

3 - Rosies
    1 - 2011 Maple Leaf ( Purchased at spot )
    8 - Skunks

1.2169 ozt found in May - 4.939 away from goal of 136 ozt

6 Boxes of halves due on Friday.

us
    Dec 2011
    Constant state of misery
    232 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Well, things didnt go smoothly on the CRH Front but that doesnt mean they didnt go good.

As you are aware, I was on a 8 skunk streak. I got to my first of two pick up banks and grabbed my 3 boxes.

Box 1: 3/40% (0.4437 ozt)
    Box 2: 12/40% 16/90% (7.5620 ozt)
    Box 3: 1/40% (0.1479 ozt)

All in all not a bad haul on just 3 boxes after a week of skunks, I pulled out 8.1536 ozt at face.

So I went to dump my coin, $971.50 worth of clad at the credit union. lady comes back and says she counted $984.50. I dont argue it. I dont have the time to have them rerun the halves, I need to get to my next pick up bank, go home, get packed up to hit the lake for the weekend. I take the extra $13 and run with it. That means with the $3 they shorted me before, I am $10 ahead in case the machine cant count in the future.

So I head to bank 2 to grab my other 3 boxes of halves. The Teller is gone, she didnt sell my boxes to any of the other tellers and Friday is my only day to pick them up so I guess I will have to have my mom pick them up on Monday.

Total for May

3 - Rosies
    1 - 2011 Maple Leaf ( Purchased at spot )
    16 - 40% Halves
    16 - 1964 Halves
    8 - Skunks vanquished

9.3705 ozt found in May - 3.2146 past my goal of 136 ozt

10 boxes due next week. 3 Monday, 2 Wednesday, 5 Friday.
    Last edited by The_EE; May 14, 2012 at 06:49 PM.

us
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford, You'll be missed.

Feb 2011
    in front of you in the bank
    1305 times
    very nice on box 2, were all the 90%ers 1964 kennedies?
    I know how the skunk feeling is, whenever a box even contains one silver after a long skunk rate, the feeling gives you the strive to keep at it!
    Hope the luck continues for you, do you check for enders?
    HH
    BuffaloBoy

us
    Dec 2011
    Constant state of misery
    232 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBoy View Post
    very nice on box 2, were all the 90%ers 1964 kennedies?
    I know how the skunk feeling is, whenever a box even contains one silver after a long skunk rate, the feeling gives you the strive to keep at it!
    Hope the luck continues for you, do you check for enders?
    I dont check for enders, I know I should but I am on limited time when I hunt. I get off of work at 2:30pm, I have to drive almost 30 miles to the bank, sort 3 boxes and get them dumped before 4:00pm so my dump banks dont close on me, I can then take my time to the second buy bank, usually.

I only had one ender from the 3 boxes, it was on box 1, it was a 40%

And yes, all the 90% halves were 1964's and most all of them were shiney and bright like they came out of a collection. One roll had 2 and another had 3 of them in it. I am thinking a collection got dumped and I am hoping the 3 boxes I didnt get on Friday continue to into the collection. If not, the 2 at my buy bank on Wednesday might have them as they get pulled from the same stack on the same day when the order is filled. I might have one of those banks order me an extra box one of these days to slowly dump to increase my searching by a fraction.

I have yet to get a magical box of 100+ keepers

Box 2 was my best box to date though. $16 for $235.55 in silver, no complaints there.

us
    Nov 2011
    Sulphur, NV
    419 times
    Very nice. Total contrast to my week lol.

us
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford, You'll be missed.

Feb 2011
    in front of you in the bank
    1305 times
    thanks for the reply, I have a feeling you'll get more from the same batch! I have the feeling that when I order halves, I am not working down the pallet, I am actually getting new rolls each time considering for a while now i've been getting different style half dollar wrappers compared to the older style, though I am not 100% sure.
    Hope you score your true 100+ silver box, will definately classify in the top group of people on here who have actually found a loaded box, not many people can say they had a box with 100+ in it, especially with all the competition these days.
    HH
    Buff
    Quote Originally Posted by The_EE View Post
    I dont check for enders, I know I should but I am on limited time when I hunt. I get off of work at 2:30pm, I have to drive almost 30 miles to the bank, sort 3 boxes and get them dumped before 4:00pm so my dump banks dont close on me, I can then take my time to the second buy bank, usually.

I only had one ender from the 3 boxes, it was on box 1, it was a 40%

And yes, all the 90% halves were 1964's and most all of them were shiney and bright like they came out of a collection. One roll had 2 and another had 3 of them in it. I am thinking a collection got dumped and I am hoping the 3 boxes I didnt get on Friday continue to into the collection. If not, the 2 at my buy bank on Wednesday might have them as they get pulled from the same stack on the same day when the order is filled. I might have one of those banks order me an extra box one of these days to slowly dump to increase my searching by a fraction.

I have yet to get a magical box of 100+ keepers

Box 2 was my best box to date though. $16 for $235.55 in silver, no complaints there.
    HH
    BuffaloBoy

us
    Dec 2011
    Constant state of misery
    232 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by namster View Post
    Very nice. Total contrast to my week lol.
    I could not imagine the total ounces of silver I would bring in if I did your numbers.

I averaged 0.6133 oz per box over the last 3 months ( Not counting may )

Seems I am in a silver rich area.

us
    Apr 2011
    673 times
    Sweet box 2! 16 90%ers in a single box is awesome! The most I have gotten is 5. And a dozen 40s to go with them is the icing on the cake. It pays to keep the volume up and not get discouraged by the skunks. Congrats & nice work!

us
    Dec 2011
    Constant state of misery
    232 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBoy View Post
    thanks for the reply, I have a feeling you'll get more from the same batch! I have the feeling that when I order halves, I am not working down the pallet, I am actually getting new rolls each time considering for a while now i've been getting different style half dollar wrappers compared to the older style, though I am not 100% sure.
    Hope you score your true 100+ silver box, will definately classify in the top group of people on here who have actually found a loaded box, not many people can say they had a box with 100+ in it, especially with all the competition these days.
    HH
    Buff
    It would be nice if I did, we will see, this next week will be CRH busy. I do hope I get more from the same batch though, would be nice.

I have been getting the same style rolls I always do. Only once did I get lighter rolls but they were still the same style just lighter ink on them.

us
    Dec 2011
    Constant state of misery
    232 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by baddbluff View Post
    Sweet box 2! 16 90%ers in a single box is awesome! The most I have gotten is 5. And a dozen 40s to go with them is the icing on the cake. It pays to keep the volume up and not get discouraged by the skunks. Congrats & nice work!
    Best box I ever had prior to yesterday was the first week I ever bought boxes, I bought 2 boxes in January of this year.

Box 1: 14/40%
    Box 2: 17/40% - 2/90% - 2/Frank - 7/Walking - 1/1909 Barber - 6.8547 ozt worth of silver, until yesterday, 7.5620 ozt.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors