2k in halves results

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
searched 2000$ in halves 4 boxes tonight. i have been on a good streak. results are about same as the previous 2 weeks before.

1-1964 (beautiful shape)
16-40%
1-1996 proof.

last week i had 15 total 2 90% and 13 40%.

i have noticed that one particular case had a bunch of gold plated halves, are these anything special? I was getting about 1 per roll and it kinda sucked because they look like dirty silver rims. Kinda a tease. Gonna order another 2k on monday and see if the streak keeps up. 2.5 troy ounces for around 8$ is sweet! HH

mark

Upvote 0

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
searched 2000$ in halves 4 boxes tonight. i have been on a good streak. results are about same as the previous 2 weeks before.

1-1964 (beautiful shape)
16-40%
1-1996 proof.

last week i had 15 total 2 90% and 13 40%.

i have noticed that one particular case had a bunch of gold plated halves, are these anything special? I was getting about 1 per roll and it kinda sucked because they look like dirty silver rims. Kinda a tease. Gonna order another 2k on monday and see if the streak keeps up. 2.5 troy ounces for around 8$ is sweet! HH

mark

The "gold coins" are worth just $.50.

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Is the 1996 proof you found a silver or a clad one? And yes as sagittarius98 said, those gold-plated halves are worth only a face value.

OP
OP
M

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
canadian, its a clad i still have never found a silver proof. I keep clad proofs because i like them. As far as how long it takes for boxes to come in all depends on the bank. this particular bank if i order on monday they will be here on wednesday/thursday. Other banks may only order once a week so it may take a week to come in. I never order from the same bank in the same 2 months so im always changing.

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
Congrats on the silver! A little off topic. How long does it take for your boxes to come in after ordering?

Depends on the bank. My main supply bank gets shipments two days a week (Monday and Thursday). I usually try to get my order in the morning of the business day before. Some banks around here only get one shipment a week. So typically the wait for an order would be at most a week, assuming the vault teller remembers to put in the order.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread