Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Aug 2011
    22 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I Have A Question (Updated)

I have seen coin folders with each type of coin from the very beginning. I don't know what these are called or where to look for them. Advice would be appreciated. Sorry for not being clear. I was talking about the folder with each denomination with each design of that denomination.

HH,
    Coin Surfer
    Last edited by Coin_Surfer; May 04, 2012 at 07:08 AM.

ca
    Dec 2011
    20 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Those are Whitman coin folders. Try a local dealer or ebay, the good price for them is about 3-5$. You can also try Unisafe folders.
    2012 Goals
    2000/2000 nickels
    0/5 Mercury dimes
    0/10 Tombac nickels
    0/10 War Nickels
    0/1 Silver dollar
    3/2 Silver half-dollar
    14/100 silver dime
    1/10 George V nickel
    150/100 Wheat cents
    2/5 Indian Head Penny
    1/1 2006 no P magnetic
    4/4 Clipped planchet
    1/1 Blank planchet

us
    Apr 2011
    Bare Hands
    10 times
    Barnes n Noble bookstores have a ton of these. all denominations. I like the Warman books, they are dark blue with glossy finish. Look in the hobby section (near watches, wine, antique glass etc.)

us
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford, You'll be missed.

Feb 2011
    in front of you in the bank
    1306 times
    if you're serious about your collection, I would personally purchase a dansco album, they are designed not to tarnish or ruin any coin inserted, and tend for $15+, but if you're throwing together a circulation folder, whitman albums are just fine. I personally use H.G. Harris &Co, nicer display than the blue whitman folders in my opinion. You can purchase them at local coin shops or over the internet as already stated, hope this helps!
    HH
    BuffaloBoy

us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    641 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBoy View Post
    if you're serious about your collection, I would personally purchase a dansco album, they are designed not to tarnish or ruin any coin inserted, and tend for $15+, but if you're throwing together a circulation folder, whitman albums are just fine. I personally use H.G. Harris &Co, nicer display than the blue whitman folders in my opinion. You can purchase them at local coin shops or over the internet as already stated, hope this helps!
    I also use HG Harris and Co, used to use Whitmans. They can be bought at Michael's also.
    1/100 of an American dollar is a cent. It is NOT a penny. The word penny is used by several other countries, such as Great Britain, to denote their smallest denomination. In order to be numismatically correct, you must use the term cent to describe the American coin.

us
    Sep 2005
    Knox, Indiana
    Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
    98 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBoy View Post
    Indeed, any folder that leaves the coin exposed to the air or cardboard will cause the coin to either tarnish or dull noticeably. I personally don't keep any coins in folders anymore, but prefer coin tubes

HH
    -GC

Sponsors