What is a dream box?

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to know what a dream box is?? I think we can say 50 silvers will do it. Or we can use a point system 40% are 1 point and 64 are 2 points and a ben can be 3 points and a walker 4 points and a barber 10 points The point system can be 100 points for a dream box?? I would love to hear from you Thanks Tim :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We can keep it at 100 silvers alls am saying you can get 100 40% and thats very good. My best box is about 40 silvers. But if some one gets 50 40% and ?? 40 walkers and bens thats even better. As time goes on there will be less silver. We should have a crhing dream find??? We can use the point system??

Last edited:

sshafer11

Jul 29, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About a month after starting CRH I found a box with (9) 90% and (3) 40%. I haven't been able to replicate that in 10 months of hunting so to me, that is a dream box.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats good to BUT if you found a barber or they were all walkers that would have made it a ???? much better find??? a dream box with out finding 100 silvers?? I found mt 2nd barber last week. I was so happy if that was the only coin i found all week. I would have been happy with that!!

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What ever this is just some thing guys that don't find a lot but find great coins.They can feel better about coins that are hard to find???when they find them. Like we all agree its all good but some are better then others. Even if there not worth a lot of money. I will never sell my 2 barbers. And there worth about the same as a 90%.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not sell any of my finds, I really wish however that I could trade my 90% kennedy silvers in for franklin halves or walking liberty halves, especially if somebody is selling the 90% for scrap anyway!!!

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
100 silvers has always been Dream Box for you newcomers! Only now you would be lucky to find one in a box!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we should stick with the traditional 100+ keepers as a dream box, whether it be all 40% or all 90%, 100 is the number! A dream box is incredibly hard to come by, I think that 150 should be a super dream box, ha ha. Seriously, if you think about it, 100 silvers per box is at least 2 silvers per roll, or 10% of the box being silver... if one could imagine opening a box loaded with silver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread