What is a dream box?

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to know what a dream box is?? I think we can say 50 silvers will do it. Or we can use a point system 40% are 1 point and 64 are 2 points and a ben can be 3 points and a walker 4 points and a barber 10 points The point system can be 100 points for a dream box?? I would love to hear from you Thanks Tim :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the point system, I would say 100 points would be a dream box

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
Isnt a dream too subjective? I mean, I dream about Kate Upton(actually met her at a party this past weekend) and others may dream of Rosie Odonnell... to each their own, if you are used to 3/box and you get 30, thats a dream! IF you typically get 0 and get 5, thats a dream.... you all make up your system, i will continue to dream of Ms. Upton
n8

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The old standard is: a dream box is a box with 100+ silver, doesn't matter 40%er or 90%er.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A "Dream Box" has typically been 100 silver keepers in a box of halves. But, I do like your idea of "scoring" a box... It would make coin roll hunting like deer hunting - your box would get a score like your buck gets a Boone and Crockett score. By your scoring system, my best box would be an 89 (87 40s and 1 90). We could make a competition out of it. Whoever gets the highest scoring box by the end of the year gets a TNet blue ribbon or something like that (if we make the prize too good, everyone will just cheat). Rule #1: If you don't have a picture, it didn't happen.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isnt a dream too subjective? I mean, I dream about Kate Upton(actually met her at a party this past weekend) and others may dream of Rosie Odonnell... to each their own, if you are used to 3/box and you get 30, thats a dream! IF you typically get 0 and get 5, thats a dream.... you all make up your system, i will continue to dream of Ms. Upton
n8
Thats all good BUT a true bream box has to be some thing we all dream about??? I never got a full roll and i never got a 100 coin box!! And i may never find it?????

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
baddbluff said:
A "Dream Box" has typically been 100 silver keepers in a box of halves. But, I do like your idea of "scoring" a box... It would make coin roll hunting like deer hunting - your box would get a score like your buck gets a Boone and Crockett score. By your scoring system, my best box would be an 89 (87 40s and 1 90). We could make a competition out of it. Whoever gets the highest scoring box by the end of the year gets a TNet blue ribbon or something like that (if we make the prize too good, everyone will just cheat). Rule #1: If you don't have a picture, it didn't happen.

I'd like to enter my dream box lol

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I never got a full roll...And i may never find it?????
These are generally found in CWRs only, boxed half dollar rolls are too diluted for there to be a solid roll. I say this because I know you hunt boxes only Tim. I think, haha.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim, I would consider anything 50+ a dream box, of course the old rule was 100+ keepers (40% or 90%) would be a dream box. My best box ever contained 20 silvers, I got 3 boxes from that batch producing 60 silvers back in June of 2010, I was real happy too, it went all down hill from there though.

hyperHunter

Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
n8

Between Upton and a few boxes loaded with 100+ 90% silver halves, what would you go for? LOL. Hope you got back to the vein again.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rule #1: If you don't have a picture, it didn't happen.

135541d1332657978t-new-half-dollar-day-record-benjamania-90-x-626-rtside.jpg

Did I actually find this? Pictures mean nothing, if you cannot take someone at their word then it is a sad world we live in. :(

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats all we have is our word!! If its not true why bother Happy hunting!!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
The old standard is: a dream box is a box with 100+ silver, doesn't matter 40%er or 90%er.

The old standard is the true definition. It makes no sense to move the goal posts only to make the task easier. Does it make it more difficult to achieve? You betcha. But then again, this isn't the Boy Scouts derby where everyone gets a trophy.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
135541d1332657978t-new-half-dollar-day-record-benjamania-90-x-626-rtside.jpg

Did I actually find this? Pictures mean nothing, if you cannot take someone at their word then it is a sad world we live in. :(

Maybe you did, maybe you didn't. Pics don't tell much, you can buy $500 face of silver and claim a great score. Only if there is a machine wrapped ender, would you know it was definitely there. The only thing pics do is give some credibility (at least you know the person at least has that much silver).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread