sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
In my opinion, they are worth too little to save. Just keep the pristine examples and throw the others back.

jack584

May 29, 2011
I keep one of each year from each mint, otherwise I would have about $100 worth of NIFCs

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
people go both ways on this one, some say worth .50 some say above because they have to be ordered from the mint. I have been threatning to make a page of 9 or 12 inside of the little cardboard slots and take them to an auction house. minimum bid would be face value, anything over would be a bonus and let you know where NIFC clad halves stand no bid or above bid, People will buy anything just depends on how you package and present it.

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
I was wondering about this also. I only came across one. A 2001. Kept it for the collection.

I think the 2001s were originally supposed to be NIFC but were at some point released, so these aren't truly NIFC. NIFCs are 1987 and 2002-present for halves.

I keep one of each year from each mint, otherwise I would have about $100 worth of NIFCs

This is pretty much what I do. I pull one of each year and mint if they are in AU condition or better, but then throw the rest back. Just too many to justify saving all of them since there really isn't a collectors market for them.

Terp08

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I kept every NIFC I found my car payment wouldnt be made this month. If i kept every pristine really nice example my $3k crh bankroll would be gone already. Way too prevalent and wont be worth much in our lifetimes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread