Whats up with colourized coins and a little update form wild North

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
What's up with colourized coins and a little update form wild North

I read the post concerning the finds of colourized coins. I know the topic meant to deal only with American coins, but let me push the horizon a little bit further. Canada is known as having produced a first colourized coin in the world. Nowadays there are lots of colourized commemorative quarters in Canadian circulation. Here are images of 2011 colourized quarters and their non-coloured counterparts. Also I though to share the 2012 toonie coin with a new design which I surprisingly like. On the last pic there is my partial 2012 findings in dimes. I've searched probably not more than 7 boxes. Take a guess where the proof is, where the 1940 (earliest found in 2012) is.

I'll try to post more colourized quarters in this post so stay in tune.

Attachments

• 5-May-colourized-quarters-front.jpg
    5-May-colourized-quarters-front.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Dimes.jpg
    Dimes.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. Those are quite beautiful. I have always thought Canadian paper currency and coinage was attractive in general.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice post!!! looking forward to some more pictures!

Last edited:

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the new toonie design. Also, can you still buy 2012 cent rolls from the RCM?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Canadian hunter

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't got any 2012 penny rolls from the banks. Maybe I'm too lazy to be up to new boxes. But the real reason is that I can buy those at any time, but not the boxes of circulated pennies, which contain King George V and VI coinage and Wheats.
Thanks BuffaloBoy, I will soon make a post about coin wrappers, similar to the Sagitarrius post about enders, I will update it when I find a new style of coin wrappers.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't got any 2012 penny rolls from the banks. Maybe I'm too lazy to be up to new boxes. But the real reason is that I can buy those at any time, but not the boxes of circulated pennies, which contain King George V and VI coinage and Wheats.
Thanks BuffaloBoy, I will soon make a post about coin wrappers, similar to the Sagitarrius post about enders, I will update it when I find a new style of coin wrappers.

That's Ckrakowski's post not mine. You mixed up the two Polish people on the forum. I would have loved such a popular thread to be mine. I did have one about funny things heard from bank tellers.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/c...ou-have-heard-teller-someone-about-coins.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
Canadian hunter

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Well what I didn't know that both of you guys are Polish. I was so sure that it was yours post, maybe something supernatural happened? Who knows?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread