Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: My goal for the year is 1500 oz Add yours

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2011
    835 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    1st of all i could care less how much you put in it or .Don't Its JUST FOR FUN JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE THE CASH TO DO A LOT OR JUST A LITTLE who cares. I don't!!! Its just for fun. I don't like to do a lot. I love doing a lot. If you don't want to do this WHO CARES DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

us
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford, You'll be missed.

Feb 2011
    in front of you in the bank
    1327 times
    I love CRH, it's my hobby, besides collecting coins, I can find real nice collectable coins in circulation too! I think that CRH takes stress away and it's like a scratch off, only thing is, you don't lose $$$
    HH
    BuffaloBoy

us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    649 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by TimZim View Post
    Don't Its JUST FOR FUN JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE THE CASH TO DO A LOT OR JUST A LITTLE who cares. If you don't want to do this WHO CARES DON'T DO IT!!!!!!
    Not everyone can do a lot of volume. I am 13, I have only about a grand as my CRH bankroll. I am dependent on my parents, and I can barely CRH.
    Xiao en likes this.
    1/100 of an American dollar is a cent. It is NOT a penny. The word penny is used by several other countries, such as Great Britain, to denote their smallest denomination. In order to be numismatically correct, you must use the term cent to describe the American coin.

Apr 2012
    Maryland
    3 times
    my goal is how to up my current average of 1 40%er per box...

us
    Apr 2012
    Tallahassee Fl
    Still researching my first detector
    2 times
    Coin Roll Hunting, Metal Detecting
    Curious.... How much is each box? And you just pick out the good stuff and re-deposit the rest right....

us
    Aug 2011
    835 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostCoast View Post
    Curious.... How much is each box? And you just pick out the good stuff and re-deposit the rest right....
    $500 yes cash in after searching

Nov 2006
    26 times
    Not sure how many ounces it adds up to but hope I can find 400- 40% Halves and 100- 90's. Also I hope to find 320 War Nickels and 130 Buffs plus other odds and ends. Thanks. Dennis.

us
    Aug 2011
    835 times
    Look on coinflation.com

us
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford, You'll be missed.

Feb 2011
    in front of you in the bank
    1327 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrazy View Post
    Not sure how many ounces it adds up to but hope I can find 400- 40% Halves and 100- 90's. Also I hope to find 320 War Nickels and 130 Buffs plus other odds and ends. Thanks. Dennis.
    113.345 ounces!
    HH
    BuffaloBoy

us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    649 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by TimZim View Post
    $500 yes cash in after searching
    $500 for halves. Already explained the other denoms in another post in detail.
    1/100 of an American dollar is a cent. It is NOT a penny. The word penny is used by several other countries, such as Great Britain, to denote their smallest denomination. In order to be numismatically correct, you must use the term cent to describe the American coin.

us
    Apr 2011
    678 times
    I'm close to some of my goals for the year already & it's only May! I have upped my 40% half goal from 500 to 1000 for the year. I've got 90 ounces of silver so far.

Some of you are worried that making goals will make this less fun for you. Then don't make goals - keep it casual/fun/relaxing etc. As for the rest of us - I hope u all reach your goals. If your goal is 10 boxes a week, I hope u get up to 20! If you goal is 100 ounces of silver, I hope u get 500! Half the fun/reward in this hobby for me is the challenge of reaching my goals. I realize that everyone's situation is different. Some people's boxes don't yield shiz, and others average 5-10 silvers a box. No one is trying to compete with anyone else. Only you know what success is in your given area.

I'm with Tim here. If I had the time and dump banks to do the volume he does, I'd buy every half dollar west of the Mississippi! I think we have an limited window of opportunity to search. Any day now my bank could tell me they wont order boxes for me anymore or my dump bank might stop taking my halves. When I graduated high school, silver was less than $4/ ounce! I think silver is gonna crash one of these days (just like the last time it approached $50/oz). Don't get me wrong, I'm not out to ruin the hobby for anyone. I don't order too many boxes at a time and I spread my dumps out over 30+ banks.

Whatever your goals are/aren't, I wish you all good luck & happy hunting!

BB

us
    Mar 2012
    The Constitution State
    Garrett Ace 350 Tesoro Sand Shark Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
    151 times
    First goals were accomplished = find 10oz, 20oz, 30oz, 40oz, $1000 of silver....done!

Two new goals:

1 - Find 10oz/month which will be 100oz by the end of the year. I have 45oz to date since March - going for 50 oz by the end of May. I hope to have 100oz by the end of summer and up my goal!
    2 - Find and sell $1000 worth of roosie dimes and 40% kennedy halves. This would put my $1k bank roll back in savings, and I would be CRHing with CRHing profit only! Currently I have 150 roosies and 89 40%'s. 24oz = $720. I am keeping all mercs, barbers, walkers, bens, silver quarters and war nickels to pass on to my kids someday. If I throw the 20 90% kennedys I have in I have 31oz = $940 already, if I were so inclined to sell em.

us
    Aug 2011
    835 times
    After reading some of the posts its plan to see some of us hunt for snails and some of us hunt for BEAR. I hunt for bear. And i never give up. And the more some one tells me i cant do some thing i will do it. Hobby yes so what does that mean. I gess it means some thing different for each of us. Bottom line don't tell me i should'nt have a goal!! I made my goal a little hi. I plan to do 80 to 100 boxes this winter.Will see and thanks to guys that have goals.I hope all your goals happen!!
    SilverForBrains likes this.

Dec 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Garrett Ace 250
    41 times
    My typical yearly goals (been the same for a few years now):
    12 Indian head cents (1 per month) (3 so far)
    5000 wheat pennies to beat my best year of 4500 (1060 so far)
    1 V or shield Nickel
    24 Buffalo nickels (2 per month) (11 so far)
    120 War nickels (10 per month) (37 so far)
    1 barber or earlier dime
    24 Mercury dimes (2 per month (6 so far)
    365 total silver dimes (US and canada) (1 per day) (127 so far)
    1 Standing Liberty or earlier quarter
    40 Silver Quarters (1 roll) (9 so far)
    1000 total silver coins all denominations (this is the only category containing halves) (218 so far)

us
    Mr.

Jan 2012
    Yourtown
    Garrett
    43 times
    Set the goal at 10 oz a month, first month was close but a little short, switched to all half searching and the skunks ate me.

Im not sure wether to set another goal or just search what I can search and be happy with whats found.

Overall I hope to find Ben, a Walker, a Mercuryhead, V and Buffalo nickle, complete the mint nickle set.
    If it were easy and we scored keepers everytime it would be called Coin Roll Picking not Coin Roll Hunting.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links