My goal for the year is 1500 oz Add yours

Silvercrazy

Nov 24, 2006
Not sure how many ounces it adds up to but hope I can find 400- 40% Halves and 100- 90's. Also I hope to find 320 War Nickels and 130 Buffs plus other odds and ends. Thanks. Dennis.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look on coinflation.com

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm close to some of my goals for the year already & it's only May! I have upped my 40% half goal from 500 to 1000 for the year. I've got 90 ounces of silver so far.

Some of you are worried that making goals will make this less fun for you. Then don't make goals - keep it casual/fun/relaxing etc. As for the rest of us - I hope u all reach your goals. If your goal is 10 boxes a week, I hope u get up to 20! If you goal is 100 ounces of silver, I hope u get 500! Half the fun/reward in this hobby for me is the challenge of reaching my goals. I realize that everyone's situation is different. Some people's boxes don't yield shiz, and others average 5-10 silvers a box. No one is trying to compete with anyone else. Only you know what success is in your given area.

I'm with Tim here. If I had the time and dump banks to do the volume he does, I'd buy every half dollar west of the Mississippi! I think we have an limited window of opportunity to search. Any day now my bank could tell me they wont order boxes for me anymore or my dump bank might stop taking my halves. When I graduated high school, silver was less than $4/ ounce! I think silver is gonna crash one of these days (just like the last time it approached $50/oz). Don't get me wrong, I'm not out to ruin the hobby for anyone. I don't order too many boxes at a time and I spread my dumps out over 30+ banks.

Whatever your goals are/aren't, I wish you all good luck & happy hunting!

BB

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
First goals were accomplished = find 10oz, 20oz, 30oz, 40oz, $1000 of silver....done!

Two new goals:

1 - Find 10oz/month which will be 100oz by the end of the year. I have 45oz to date since March - going for 50 oz by the end of May. I hope to have 100oz by the end of summer and up my goal!
2 - Find and sell $1000 worth of roosie dimes and 40% kennedy halves. This would put my $1k bank roll back in savings, and I would be CRHing with CRHing profit only! Currently I have 150 roosies and 89 40%'s. 24oz = $720. I am keeping all mercs, barbers, walkers, bens, silver quarters and war nickels to pass on to my kids someday. If I throw the 20 90% kennedys I have in I have 31oz = $940 already, if I were so inclined to sell em.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After reading some of the posts its plan to see some of us hunt for snails and some of us hunt for BEAR. I hunt for bear. And i never give up. And the more some one tells me i cant do some thing i will do it. Hobby yes so what does that mean. I gess it means some thing different for each of us. Bottom line don't tell me i should'nt have a goal!! I made my goal a little hi. I plan to do 80 to 100 boxes this winter.Will see and thanks to guys that have goals.I hope all your goals happen!!

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My typical yearly goals (been the same for a few years now):
12 Indian head cents (1 per month) (3 so far)
5000 wheat pennies to beat my best year of 4500 (1060 so far)
1 V or shield Nickel
24 Buffalo nickels (2 per month) (11 so far)
120 War nickels (10 per month) (37 so far)
1 barber or earlier dime
24 Mercury dimes (2 per month (6 so far)
365 total silver dimes (US and canada) (1 per day) (127 so far)
1 Standing Liberty or earlier quarter
40 Silver Quarters (1 roll) (9 so far)
1000 total silver coins all denominations (this is the only category containing halves) (218 so far)

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Set the goal at 10 oz a month, first month was close but a little short, switched to all half searching and the skunks ate me.

Im not sure wether to set another goal or just search what I can search and be happy with whats found.

Overall I hope to find Ben, a Walker, a Mercuryhead, V and Buffalo nickle, complete the mint nickle set.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
And the more some one tells me i cant do some thing i will do it.

Yes, but I would have to walk. My pickup bank is about 10 mi away from me and I would have to cross some bad neighborhoods. I would arrive home 3-4 hrs. later, probably with nothing.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just do as much volume as I can. That is the only goal that is achieveable in my humble opinion. Just add up the silver every week, month, and keep on searching!

Volume is king, results will vary by area of course and your persistence. Can't do 150 boxes 1 month and 20 the next.

Consistency + Persistance = Stack Stack Stack

HH All!
Bigheed

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don t keep track of oz. so i tried to figure ir out ...last month i found over 20 oz. from last april till this april .....5-6 rolls of dimes.....6 rolls 40%....6 90% ( not rolls )...10 war dickels..... 6 quarters ( again not rolls ) . so far for april...... 2 bens.......56 40%.....53 dimes ( 15 merc ).... this month a good start...... 13 40%.... 4 dimes....... tomorrow 6 boxes of half dollars ! ! ! ! ! ! !havent gotten anything since friday....600 in quarters..SKUNK !!!!

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Tim, don't listen to the haters - grab all of the silver you can, we ALL would be doing it if we had the time, resources, dumping routines.

That being said, my modest goal is to keep on hunting! Even though halves have gone almost completely dry in my area (i get about 1 40% every 5 boxes), I need to remind myself that the next box could be the one. I plan on stepping up my penny sorting / hoarding now that my sorter is fully operational. Another goal is to hit the dimes until the shut off like the halves have done.

So basically; keep on hunting until I don't find any more, ounces be damned!

Last edited:
OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all your goals i will pull this up at the end of the year. Good luck and i hope your finds be many!!

CubanHunter

Jan 2, 2012
Miami, Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first goal for this year was 100 oz but I am already in 140 so my next goal is 200 but I think I will reach that in four month so I will keep you updated.

fingerscrossed

Apr 22, 2012
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim judging by the numbe ryou have now, by the end of the year, I think you will have around 5,000 40% and around 1500 90% :thumbsup:

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goals are in my signature. I don't have a quantity of ounces that I want to hit, but instead a few coins that I want to pull out of circulation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread