My goal for the year is 1500 oz Add yours

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goal is to get 50 OZ, I do not think that is achieveable for me, but you never know, am up to 12 oz now.

I also want 750 wheat pennies(15 rolls)
100 silver dimes(2 rolls)
1 silver quarter
a roll of buffalo nickels and a roll of war nickels
a roll of 90% halfs with a barber half

good thread!

Last edited:

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
260OZ/year is my goal. So far I am at around 128 found through CRHing.

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
First silver dollar at face and a small 5 cent piece along with a Buffalo + War Nickel. It will be nice to get 10oz through casual hunting.

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Of course actual. I already found tons of "silver dollars" which are for some interesting reason made of nickel alloy. Hmm...

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Of course actual. I already found tons of "silver dollars" which are for some interesting reason made of nickel alloy. Hmm...

I was pretty sure, but wasn't that sure if you had any large dollars. I have a silver dollar (Canada), but no US silver dollars and no nickel Canadian dollars.

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I got some generic Ag dollars for spot just to see what they look alike for later reference, but I want to get some at face value.

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't set goals as its just a hobby & we find what we find. So when you find silver or other vintage coins, just consider yourself lucky. When you set goals it puts pressure on you & everyone else. CRHing should be a relaxing fun hobby & its the thrill of the hunt. Also why make it competitive? Who wants to compete with everyone else? I do the best I can based on how many boxes I can afford, etc..

Anyway, last month I found a total of 40.4 oz of silver. This month I'm off to a good start & found 18.2 oz so far. I'll keep yuall informed as I progress during the month. I'm hoping to match or exceed last months totals. If not, then that's ok too & who cares? I just do the best I can.

Good luck in your quest for silver or whatever it is you're looking for. But more important, have fun & enjoy the hobby\sport of CRHing.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Who wants to compete with everyone else? I do the best I can based on how many boxes I can afford, etc..

Exactly, not everyone has the funds/time to search a lot, and therefore, we couldn't make a competition based on finds. Even an avg/box competition couldn't work, as it is dependent on many factors (luck, company, etc.). It is not like an individual sport (tennis, for example), because in tennis, your result is solely dependent on your skills. Here there are many other factors that are not dependent on your knowledge of banks or volume, but factors that come from another person (is the change jar being filled up with grandma's collection or change from this year).

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't set goals as its just a hobby & we find what we find. So when you find silver or other vintage coins, just consider yourself lucky. When you set goals it puts pressure on you & everyone else. CRHing should be a relaxing fun hobby & its the thrill of the hunt. Also why make it competitive? Who wants to compete with everyone else? I do the best I can based on how many boxes I can afford, etc..

Anyway, last month I found a total of 40.4 oz of silver. This month I'm off to a good start & found 18.2 oz so far. I'll keep yuall informed as I progress during the month. I'm hoping to match or exceed last months totals. If not, then that's ok too & who cares? I just do the best I can.

Good luck in your quest for silver or whatever it is you're looking for. But more important, have fun & enjoy the hobby\sport of CRHing.

Well said. It's JUST a hobby! No need to kill your back, or your lungs (dust and allergens), or the car, or the personal relationship with tellers for doing it. If you put too much pressure on the banking system for the silver, the banking system will push back. Remember the A$$hole who ordered 20 boxes from each TD branches which led to cutoff for all the CRHers. :BangHead:

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st of all i could care less how much you put in it or .Don't Its JUST FOR FUN JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE THE CASH TO DO A LOT OR JUST A LITTLE who cares. I don't!!! Its just for fun. I don't like to do a lot. I love doing a lot. If you don't want to do this WHO CARES DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love CRH, it's my hobby, besides collecting coins, I can find real nice collectable coins in circulation too! I think that CRH takes stress away and it's like a scratch off, only thing is, you don't lose $$$

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't Its JUST FOR FUN JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE THE CASH TO DO A LOT OR JUST A LITTLE who cares. If you don't want to do this WHO CARES DON'T DO IT!!!!!!
Not everyone can do a lot of volume. I am 13, I have only about a grand as my CRH bankroll. I am dependent on my parents, and I can barely CRH.

GhostCoast

Apr 11, 2012
Gainesville, Fl
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
Other
Curious.... How much is each box? And you just pick out the good stuff and re-deposit the rest right....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread