Any Hunters Ever Find a Wisconsin Extra Leaf State Quarter? Arizona Hunters?

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one when I lived in Texas, my best find ever :unhappysmiley: that was actually what got me into coin roll hunting, I knew I lived in the right area (San antonio was where some of them were released), and I needed money for a trip to europe so I started buying quarters and searching through them like crazy. Found the low leaf variety after about $1250 in quarters. Not bad! Unfortunately I left Texas shortly thereafter so I don't check for them at all any more. Long story short, I never sold the quarter, I'm saving it since only 15,000 of each variety were made. I'll upload a picture on this thread tonight.

If you live in AZ or TX I'd say you'd be crazy not to search for 'em! they're out there! HH

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
I found a total of six back in 2005 when I lived in San Antonio as well. Just got lucky as I was buying new rolls of state quarters back then. Five of the coins came from three rolls. Also found one in my wifes change.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Yes I found one here in Phoenix. Also found a Kansas "IN God we Rust" coin. two of my better finds. Only found one extra leaf though so far.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if anyone has found an extra high/low leaf Wisconsin quarter. I read that it was discovered in Tuscon Arizona - maybe u guys in AZ have a better chance of finding one than the rest of us. Maybe Gilmore Happy could have better luck in Phoenix looking for those than searching half boxes.

How much are they worth if found? I love the way youre talking to me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread