A Good Start For The Day

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to my dump bank on the way to work this mornin'. I had two boxes of zincolns and about nine bucks in clad halves. While one teller is running the coin counter the other teller asks me if I'd be interested in buying some old coins. Of course I said sure. She pulls out a plastic bag full of mixed coins. In this bag were 11 dateless buffalo nickels, 11 wheat pennies, a 1909 Indian Head penny, a '42 quarter and 10 silver dimes. Then I deposited the profits from Saturdays penny sales into my savings account. Next I went to one of my pickup banks and asked for halves. The teller told me that almost every day that I come in askin' for halves another fella comes through the drive-thru about 15 minutes after I leave askin' for halves too. Then she handed me three rolls of halves. In the last roll I found a '67 and a '69. Not a big haul but the first silver I've found in a month or so. :hello2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the silver. I guess you're lucky that your work commute starts 15 minutes earlier than the other fellow.

OP
OP
U

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My penny buyer lives in another state in the same town my mother lives in. I go right by the coin shop on my way to see her. She only lives about 30 minutes away from me. I hope that other CRHer doesn't figure out my routine. If he does I'll be :BangHead:.

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
<- Close enough to Kentucky to make dumps *snicker*

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
PhattyB said:
<- Close enough to Kentucky to make dumps *snicker*

Back at ya ;)
I might have left you a stinky treat last week at a random bank!
But I'm moving 3 hours away...so dump away! Lol

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naw, I told him where I dump. I also picked up one of his dumps and made a new pickup location cleaning up his mess :P

OP
OP
U

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ramjet, from Tennessee, used to dump in my town. I was still finding silver. I think he would leave silver in his dumps because he felt sorry for me. :laughing7:

lovewiibrew

Mar 18, 2011
Eastern US
You disclosed your locale to me a while back and I haven't encroached on your turf. That just wouldn't be right! I will be taking a trip out west and hit banks but will skip your area.

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
conleytheking said:
Another Kentucky boy here...share the secrets lol.
What kinda profit do you make on your pennies?

Lot of Kentucky Hunters around.lol

lovewiibrew

Mar 18, 2011
Eastern US
Perhaps us Kentuckians should meet up and fight to the death to "own" the Kentucky territory of CRH? We'll call it "The CRH Games".

Last edited:
OP
OP
U

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps us Kentuckians should meet up and fight to the death to "own" the Kentucky territory of CRH? We'll call it "The CRH Games".

Screw that. Us Kentuckians should claim the rest of the country as OURS! :headbang: It's a Wildcat thang.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kramer.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread