I think there lowering the price of silver to try and buy it all up..............

Jun 1, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
There is no logical reason for silver to be under 30.00 dollars besides them trying to suck it all up then run the price back up. Im In it for the long haul so not planning on getting rid of any silver.. I just think it's funny how silver can stoop so low with this crappy azz economy and weak dollar. These Bullish *******s need to open a pawn shop cause they sure know how to stick it to everyone who collects silver!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a high volatility in the silver price, in my opinion it will lower down to 28$ and then go up as demand will increase.

P.S To admins, I think this thread should be in the Precious Metal Prices topic, not CRH.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess is a dip to $25, then a rise back into the forties by the end of the year, or early next year

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im not selling anything sub 45-50 and even then only if I am desperate for cash.

buy it up if you can, maybe convert some to gold while its low!

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that people are not buying the huge hype that large preciouse metals companies where shoving down our throats for the last year... The threat of $150/ozt was shoved in our face over and over in 2011 trying to build up hype and getting people to buy solid assets. While these same people invest in the companies that mine and or buy and refine scrap gold. I mean look at the seriouse dip in silver eagle sales... The average person is not buying into the hype with it being consistantly WRONG for a year. I have heard people say," The true price of the metal is on ebay." No, that is just an inflated price with fees and shipping inserted on top of the coin's intrinsic melt value. For people that arent lazy there are much more inexpensive ways to get these coins without being railroaded. I detest people praying on the fears of the masses. Keep doing what you are doing and find it for face value where you can and buy it below melt when you can!!! Happy hunting folks! :D

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it gos lower i will get ??? $10.000 more Its all good. I will retire in ten years!!! I buy every time i go to the coin shop!!

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time I buy at $25 it makes the silver that I bought at $40 a better deal. :cat:

rex

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am long on silver. from what i have read the silver supply is running low. people need to buy and hold physical silver. there is some good commentary out there. google ted butler and jasom hommel.

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to hold a series 63 liscense until I was busted unknowingly in a boiler room operation. Not saying I "know" whats going on only that I am inclined to read a little on the subject

IMO JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs are/were both over-invested in paper silver. When these companies trade more silver in a day than what is physically available in the entire world market as well as the entire global silver production for the year then something is amiss.

IMO we will see the market continue downward until these 2 jokers unload thier portfolio. When they do it will drive the market lower with the huge amount of paper silver dumped, afterwards the banks will re-enter the market and from there hold on as we watch silver take another spike to the next level to top out around 52-55.00 per ounce before the election and the next level manipulation. Assuming these criminal market manipulators dont find themselves arrested if the FTC wanted to do thier jobs.

Buy silver anytime, us as CRH's we get the best of both worlds we get to cost average our investment out across our face value finds if you want to track it in this manner.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Buy silver anytime, us as CRH's we get the best of both worlds we get to cost average our investment out across our face value finds if you want to track it in this manner.

I do exactly that. As of the end of April, I was sitting at an average of $9.85 an ounce for my finds/purchases. I love seeing the average go lower and I know that I wont technically lose money any time soon.

On the other hand, I would not mind the prices dropping a little, there are a few 1oz rounds I would not mind picking up but really, I hate paying spot for anything.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, as long as I am averaging 2-3OZ/week CRHing I do not see the point in paying spot.

CubanHunter

Jan 2, 2012
Miami, Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has been a lot of speculation and irrational thinking in the last 2 years. From people talking about Armageddon to people talking about $1000 silver. The fact is that no one knows what is going to happen. A lot of people has been scared in to buying silver and they pay 40-45 expecting it to get to $200. The moral of the story? Do not believe everything you read on the internet. I think that most people that buy silver will lose money due the volatility of the market. Timing a market based on speculation is a very dangerous game. For us CRhunters it is very difficult to lose money on this since we get our silver at face value, worst case scenario you get your coins to the bank and that it is you get your money back. I have never bought a silver coin or bullion, all my silver is from CRhunting and Metal detecting and I will not buy unless it dips to single digits. If we get emotional about any investment it is very easy to lose money.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I have never bought a silver coin or bullion, all my silver is from CRhunting and Metal detecting and I will not buy unless it dips to single digits.

I do buy some of my silver. For example, I would probably not be able to find the coin in your avatar, but could buy it (don't have it, do have other cubans).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread