The OLDEST coin from CRHing EVER!!

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
The OLDEST coin from CRH'ing EVER!!

If it's real...epic find...a tribute penny! who knows if it's real..still awesome to to find in a roll of dimes!
I did two boxes of halves today, got skunked on both...also bought $15.50 off a coin counter, pulled a walker and about 8 40% halves...I was happy.
But I dumped and went to get a bunch of CW dimes...and I got $600 worth, spread from a few banks.
Also got $100 in halves from a regular bank of mine...figured it was a dump..but pulled 11 40% halves!
Anyway...$600 in dimes later I have 4 silver rosies...2 silver Canadians, and...the tribute penny!
crazy what people would stick in a dime roll!
Let me know what you think. photo(2).JPG image (3).jpeg image(1).jpeg

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find, i did find an ancient roman coin in a cent roll, it is very worn, got it checked out by an expert. Nice find, if it is real, it looks silver. try the magnet test :)

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
No sir...haven't moved yet...I'm taking my last few days and trying to pull all the silver I can...I usually dont ask for too much, or dump to much...but what the hell? I'm moving 3 hours away lol

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Look at the edge and see if there is a casting seam, isn't 100% foolproof but if you see a seam it for sure isn't real. There are a LOT of replicas of that particular type so I'd make sure to double and triple check it.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
better than those damn russian coins! I got 4 golden russian coins my last dime box, haha.(not really gold, but gold colored)
Not meant to be offensive to whomever this may offend.
I think it's fake lol.
Either way...well worth 10 cents

Last edited:

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's real...epic find...a tribute penny! who knows if it's real..still awesome to to find in a roll of dimes!
I did two boxes of halves today, got skunked on both...also bought $15.50 off a coin counter, pulled a walker and about 8 40% halves...I was happy.
But I dumped and went to get a bunch of CW dimes...and I got $600 worth, spread from a few banks.
Also got $100 in halves from a regular bank of mine...figured it was a dump..but pulled 11 40% halves!
Anyway...$600 in dimes later I have 4 silver rosies...2 silver Canadians, and...the tribute penny!
crazy what people would stick in a dime roll!
Let me know what you think. View attachment 634047 View attachment 634049 View attachment 634050

Hmmm.... until it's been ID'd I can't say if it IS the oldest coin found via CRH ever or not... Or even the oldest on this forum

Personally, I've found 2 ancient coins. One I have yet to ID and one that was Roman, Constantient the Great (320 AD minted in Siscia)

The oldest I have seen on this forum was a Roman, Usurper Postumus (260-268)

There have been a couple others as well.

Either way, nice find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread