Podunksville Ky. got coinstars Woo Hoo

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Hey all,

Unfortunately this doesn't help me with my delimma about not being able to get half dollars, but WOO HOO I got coinstars in town now, so the chance of silver in the tray is there for me now.

One thing though, these don't look like some I have seen in pics. The reject tray is very easy to see on these at the bottom of the front. Plus I noticed it's not very deep at all. In fact I would venture to say unless they come out slow many coins rejected out of these machines could just pop out into the floor.

Thanks for the read. Perhaps I will get lucky and get some coinstar hits.

Now if only I can find an answer for turning in halves life would be all smiles in the world of coin here for me.

Postalrevnant

Upvote 0

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have coinstars here, but they are at the overpriced supermarket so I never go in there. But whenever I have been in there in the past I have gotten zero results.

Hopefully you find better luck than I!

OP
OP
Postalrevnant

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Thank you Brian. I just got to go out and do some late night metal detecting. I noticed that already the Smiths had to keep up with the Jones. I found 2 more markets with coinstars. Unfortunately they are all the same. I cannot see how anyone can leave a coin in the trays on these. They all pretty much look like the coin might just pop on the floor if it kicks.

Rev

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Postal, our Coin Star return tray slot looks the same; it is not deep and it does stick out. People using the machines should be able to see the return coins and you can definitely hear the coins drop into the tray. Some people don't bother to take the rejected coins, and I think they just don't want to bother with them if they can't cash them in all at once. What other explanation could there be?

I'll never forget the one night I went into the grocery store to pick up something and I walked past the Coin Star machine by eyes almost popped out of my head. The return tray was LOADED with coins,approximately $3.00 worth of coins(all denominations). I quickly picked them up and shoved them into my jean pockets. My pant pockets were so full that my pants kept slipping down off my waist. LOL

Whenever you pass the machines,keep checking them. I have only found one silver dime in the return tray and quite a bit of clad and a few tokens.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread