Greetings from a new hunter

dannybolt

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2012
FLA
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone,
I've been a lurker for a few months, and am just getting into CRH. In general I'm doing a small amount, usually just getting rolls from tellers, but since I had a week off between finals and summer classes, I thought I'd get into a bunch of boxes. I've filled out my albums for the most part, so I'm just looking for silver, foreign and odd-ball stuff. For pennies I'm trying to get a solid collection of wheats and copper.

Here's my results from this week:
3 Boxes of Dimes: 1944 Merc(!), 1949, 1950, 1963, 1964x3, 1961 Canadian, and what I think is a dove charm for a bracelet
2 Boxes of Halfs: Nothing
1 Box of Quarters: 1 Canadian
1 Box of Pennies: 3 Wheats, 5 Canadian, 8 Copper Rolls, 1 dime

I'm pretty stoked that I pulled the Merc. I got a CWR dime box that came up empty, but my two MWR dime boxes were pretty solid. The pennies box was a little disappointing. I got them from a new bank, and the pennies were really grimy, and pretty light as far as wheats goes. After reading the forum for a while I'm not surprised about not coming up with anything in the Quarters or Halfs; I'll probably rotate between them as time and funds permit.

Upvote 0

CubanHunter

Jan 2, 2012
Miami, Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome.
The merc sure must have been a lot of fun. They are difficult to find, I even know of people that have a special dance they perform when they found a merc :laughing7:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Danny, I have a buddy who is in Florida, half dollar boxes seem dry, but dimes, pennies and nickels are alright, just trying to help ya out, welcome aboard and welcome to the madness!
HH
Buff

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently found 4 silver dimes in a box consisting of 3 Mercs dated '36, '39 & '45 plus a Rosey dated '60. This was the 1st time I ever found 4 silver dimes in a box. Its a thrill to find those nice old winged dimes. But I'm doing better at finding Buffalo & War nickels. My latest Buff was a 1930S in VF.

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dimes seem to be hot. in a year i've found almost 30 mercs !! 13 came from 1 roll of cwr . but average per box is 2 . every 3rd box about 4 . 1 box had 16 rosi's in it....my sons box . 1 found 2 in my 2 boxes combined that day :dontknow: there always fun and alot easier to dump ! i'm going to dump my 6 boxes of haves now ...........( 3 90% and 6 40%......4 skunks ).........happy hunting........its addicting

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have waaay better luck with dimes than I do halves. And they are definitely easier to dump.

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Greetings Danny, keep hunting those dimes, they will yield a lot of silver and a lot of Canadian silver.

BCD11

Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to this addiction...it only gets worse.

Congrats on the finds!

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Danny, wish you all the luck.:thumbsup:

HH...Miner

OP
OP
dannybolt

dannybolt

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2012
FLA
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks everyone!
Update: I got a dump bank with a coin machine yesterday, so no more rolling for me! Also, I finished my first penny box of just copper. On the downside, my latest dime box I got yesterday was all 2012s. Bummer. I'm gonna try and swap it today.

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
You can go to the bank and swap the new box to a circulated box, but sometimes tellers do not understand what you mean by that. Once I tried doing that and it turned out taking 3 times longer than to just dump or just buy a box of dimes.
Good luck in searching dimes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions