Its time to take a break from CRHing

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm done with CRHing for now. Its time to take a much needed break from the madness of it all. Besides, I never seen it so bad. The last 20 boxes of halves were all skunks. If I can't find at least 1 lousy 40% per box then it just isn't worth my energy, effort & time. I think this is Gods way of discouraging me as he wants me to do other things now. And I'm tired of dealing with banks, ordering & dumping & even though I network with at least 50 banks they are getting tired of seeing me & I'm tired of seeing them. I want my life back. The weather is nice & its time to round up my family & friends to enjoy life. Its time to fireup the BBQ, down a few Heinekens, go fishing, take some weekend trips in the mountains, go party, mingle, meet women, do yard work, plant gardens, get things ready for my flea market business,etc.. I will resume my hobby of CRHing in the late Fall. Until then good luck in your quest to find vintage coins & have a great summer. I know I will. Adios amigos.

Upvote 0

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Take a break and refresh yourself. This help to stop the tedious and endless cycle of ordering and dumping. You can visit Canada for CRH and try to get some penny boxes and CWRs of quarters.
Buena suerte, amigo. Hasta luego.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man 20 in a row would be difficult for me to take, that would be over a weeks worth of pickups for me.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suffered a 30-box skunk streak, it is not a nice thing, enjoy yourself, it's gonna be a HOT one this year!!
HH
Buff

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know am not ready for a break if i got 20 skunks. I would order 100 more boxes to make up for the skunks. Looking forward to seeing you in the fall. Enjoy

BCD11

Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Taking a break sounds like a good move. In the fall, after a successful flea market summer, the batteries will be charged and you'll nail the silver!

ENJOY YOUR SUMMER!

Bowen89

Apr 3, 2012
South Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know you may not share but a general area maybe you will share? I'm on a 5 skunk streak in south jersey also... I don't do much volume but a box a week. Getting disappointed and a buddy of mine is also on an 8 box skunk streak

OP
OP
T

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Timzim, not everyone is as rich as you & can do such high volume ordering. I'm not finding much silver any more because you got it all. BTW, I've been getting a lot of your orange painted coins. Also I strongly believe the Govt & Federal Reserve are now beginning to cull silver. And its discouraging to see silver keeps dropping. Pretty soon a 40% half won't be worth much.

kontrapunktus1750

Apr 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Also I strongly believe the Govt & Federal Reserve are now beginning to cull silver. And its discouraging to see silver keeps dropping. Pretty soon a 40% half won't be worth much.

The speculation that the government may be culling silver is a surprise to me. Before I started CRHing, I took for granted that silver was indeed being culled by the Feds. I thought it was something ongoing since the late 1960s.

If silver gets back down to the level where it can be had for 4x face on the retail market, I look forward to it. Knowing what I know now and didn't in the 1980s-2000s, more silver will be dumped or overlooked and finds will become more commonplace.

BTW, Jersey Devil, I noticed your flea market business. I buy old violins--if you have any and if you're inclined to do any cross-country selling, PM me.

lovewiibrew

Mar 18, 2011
Eastern US
No they are not culling silver. However the article I posted yesterday shows there is interest by some to start culling it in Washington.

OP
OP
T

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh but it was ok for Jesus & his deciples to drink wine? Give me a break. FYI, the latest scientific medical findings prove that beer in moderation has health benefits.

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Timzim, not everyone is as rich as you & can do such high volume ordering. I'm not finding much silver any more because you got it all. BTW, I've been getting a lot of your orange painted coins.

you say you are done for now because you can not find any silver then you say that timzim got it all so basically what you are saying is that timzim is the reason you are quitting. quit your complaining

OP
OP
T

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read my original message\post. Timzim has nothing to do with me wanting to take a break. FYI I've been doing good finding silver. Last month I found 40.4 oz & so far this month I found 20.3. My addiction to the hobby is so bad that nothing else is getting done. That's why I need to take a breather but its not easy as I'm still getting more boxes from different banks. Its definitely a form of OCD mental illness but man is it ever fun.

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fire up that BBQ, grab a few Mooseheads and have a blast!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread