Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    632 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinDumper View Post
    (1 Peso??)
    Yes

- Shiny Green paint
    - Indy 500
    - Purple Sharpie Line
    - Black Sharpie Line
    The Indy 500 is not a mark, but a coin made to sell for more than $.50 to a person who is interested. The green paint may be TimZim's mark.
    1/100 of an American dollar is a cent. It is NOT a penny. The word penny is used by several other countries, such as Great Britain, to denote their smallest denomination. In order to be numismatically correct, you must use the term cent to describe the American coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmund Burke
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

us
    May 2012
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by sagittarius98 View Post
    The Indy 500 is not a mark, but a coin made to sell for more than $.50 to a person who is interested. The green paint may be TimZim's mark.
    Thanks for the reply. I dug through them all before I dump them and found the "Indy 500". One has been dumped already but I do have this one. I've found 2 marked "Indy 500" now.

It is a bicentennial (1776-1996), no mint mark, not silver. Doesn't look like an error coin or anything special? Are you pulling my leg? Anything else I should look for on it? Again thanks for the reply.

us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    632 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    It is a bicentennial (1776-1996), no mint mark, not silver. Doesn't look like an error coin or anything special? Are you pulling my leg? Anything else I should look for on it? Again thanks for the reply.
    What I am saying is a fan of Indy 500 put a sticker of it and is trying to either:

a) rip off someone by telling them it is a rare coin
    b) sell it to another fan of Indy 500 who may or may not be a coin collector
    Last edited by sagittarius98; May 28, 2012 at 09:53 AM.
    1/100 of an American dollar is a cent. It is NOT a penny. The word penny is used by several other countries, such as Great Britain, to denote their smallest denomination. In order to be numismatically correct, you must use the term cent to describe the American coin.

us
    May 2012
    Coin Roll Hunting
    What I am saying is a fan of Indy 500 put a sticker of it and is trying to either:

a) rip off someone by telling them it is a rare coin
    b) sell it to another fan of Indy 500 who may not be a coin collector
    Ahhh. Thanks for the info. The two I have seen are acutally written "Indy 500" with a black sharpie on the face of the half dollar coins. I am thinking it is someone marking them from Indiana(?).

On a seperate note, I should have chosen the username "Filthy Fingers" they are sooo dirty after searching through a box of coins!

us
    May 2012
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Well, this was a slow week for CRH. I have a pattern down for my orders and memorial day screwed up my rotation of ordering at each bank (I do it in person). So I didn't order any boxes this week. I did get to dump a bit though

Today I went to a bank branch where I do my main banking and have not yet asked about halves. I did get 2 boxes on pennies and 1 box of dimes here in the past at which time the teller had said it was OK to do it this time but that they aren't really supposed to order boxes for customers because it costs them money (blah). So today I asked about halves and purchased $300.00 CWR worth (they had $700.00). As she put them into my bag I saw some of the rolls had X's written on them. That made me sad thinking this is the second bank where I am picking up someone elses dumps.

Got home and started going through them. 5 rolls had the X's. What do you know I found a 1969 40% in one of the X marked rolls!! Haha, all the rest were skunk! Still made me so happy. Only silver half I have found so far and it was from a roll which someone dumped! So it was a good week for me afterall!

Halves:

$300.00 CWR = 1969 40%

us
    Mangling rolls since '09

May 2012
    West Chester, PA
    26 times
    Roll Searching
    I take all halves a bank has at any time. The tellers love me for it, and it's only a bit more work for me to dump them. Plus it helps establish your reputation as a guy that will take anything weird that they get... I've been offered ikes, old currency, silver certs, etc. all just because tellers know I like "weird" stuff and will clean them out.

us
    May 2012
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Well this was a pretty good week for me. Did Nickels this week. Found my first Buffalo Nickels!

Nickels:

Brinks Box 1: 1943 S, 1943 P , 1930 Buffalo, Date worn off Buffalo, Gold Plated 2004, 13 Pre-1960 Nickels

Brinks Box 2: 1945 S, 1943 S, 1969 S, 29 Pre-1960 Nickels

String & Sons: SKUNK 1942 - NonSilver , 18 Canadian Nickels, 28 Pre-1960 Nickels

One of my pickup banks surprised me with a String & Sons box instead of a Brinks! I was so excited then wound up with box worse than the others. Haha, oh well still found some silver! The hunt continues!
    Last edited by CoinDumper; Jun 07, 2012 at 09:11 PM.

us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    632 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    One of my pickup banks surprised me with a String & Sons box instead of a Brinks! I was so excited then wound up with box worse than the others. Haha, oh well still found some silver! The hunt continues!
    String & Sons is just a wrapping company. These rolls could be carried by any company.

http://www.nfstring.com/
    Last edited by sagittarius98; Jun 10, 2012 at 04:28 PM.

us
    May 2012
    Coin Roll Hunting
    String & Sons is just a wrapping company. These rolls could be carried by any company.
    Sagittarius98 - Thanks for the info! After I saw the video of the Coinstar dumps going to Brinks I was happy to see the String and Sons box thinking it was a company that didn't get Coinstar dumps meaning hopefully more silver. Instead it had a bunch of Canadian, haha.

Mar 2012
    16 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Skunks definatley are no fun especially with the boxes with the paper wrappers that you can't see through I'm surprized you haven't come across any dimes yet (unless I missed it in which case I'm sorry). I've been averaging like two per box. Congrats on your other silver, before you know it you'll have a nice little stash

us
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford, You'll be missed.

Feb 2011
    in front of you in the bank
    1268 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    nice finds, keep it up, you'll score huge in no time.
    HH
    BuffaloBoy

us
    May 2012
    Coin Roll Hunting
    I've slowed down from my already slow pace...

Halves:

$470 CWR = SKUNK

Nickels:

Brinks Box: SKUNK - 1 2009 Nickel, 1 Bahama Nickel, 32 pre 1960 nickels

Coin machine reject tray: 1964 Dime Silver!

us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    632 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    I've slowed down from my already slow pace...

Halves:

$470 CWR = SKUNK

Nickels:

Brinks Box: SKUNK - 1 2009 Nickel, 1 Bahama Nickel, 32 pre 1960 nickels

Coin machine reject tray: 1964 Dime Silver!
    You have to love Coinstar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsors