CoinDumpers Hunting Log

CoinDumper

Greenie
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
CoinDumper's Hunting Log

Hello everyone!

I stumbled onto this website and got hooked on the idea of CRH so here I am! Thought I would start a log of my results. Thanks to all of you for your posts, it has provided a lot of useful reading! Currently in the process of setting up my dump banks and pickup banks.

All the banks in my area use Brinks so that is my only option for searching boxes. This is the first 3 weeks of my hunt.

Results so far:

Pennies:

8 Boxes of Pennies = 29 lbs. of copper Pennies, 38 Wheat Pennies, 2 US Dimes, 54 Canadian Pennies, 1 Bermuda Penny, 1 Penny from Panama, 1 Canadian Georgivs VI D G Rex ET IND IMP Penny.

Dimes:

Box 1: Skunk
$250 CWR: Skunk – 2 Pennies instead of dimes, 2 Canadian Dimes
$250 MWR: Skunk – 1 Canadian Dime
Box 2: Skunk – 1 Canadian Dime

Coinstar Reject Slot:

1 Dime (nothing special 1984, but 10 cents free!) and 1 Canadian Dime.

I hope to keep doing this and get some better results with the Silver hunt. Wish me luck!

Upvote 0

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
I take all halves a bank has at any time. The tellers love me for it, and it's only a bit more work for me to dump them. Plus it helps establish your reputation as a guy that will take anything weird that they get... I've been offered ikes, old currency, silver certs, etc. all just because tellers know I like "weird" stuff and will clean them out. :)

OP
OP
C

CoinDumper

Greenie
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well this was a pretty good week for me. Did Nickels this week. Found my first Buffalo Nickels!

Nickels:

Brinks Box 1: 1943 S, 1943 P :headbang:, 1930 Buffalo, Date worn off Buffalo, Gold Plated 2004, 13 Pre-1960 Nickels

Brinks Box 2: 1945 S, 1943 S, 1969 S, 29 Pre-1960 Nickels

String & Sons: SKUNK 1942 - NonSilver :sadsmiley:, 18 Canadian Nickels, 28 Pre-1960 Nickels

One of my pickup banks surprised me with a String & Sons box instead of a Brinks! I was so excited then wound up with box worse than the others. Haha, oh well still found some silver! The hunt continues!

Last edited:

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
One of my pickup banks surprised me with a String & Sons box instead of a Brinks! I was so excited then wound up with box worse than the others. Haha, oh well still found some silver! The hunt continues!

String & Sons is just a wrapping company. These rolls could be carried by any company.

http://www.nfstring.com/

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CoinDumper

Greenie
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
String & Sons is just a wrapping company. These rolls could be carried by any company.

Sagittarius98 - Thanks for the info! After I saw the video of the Coinstar dumps going to Brinks I was happy to see the String and Sons box thinking it was a company that didn't get Coinstar dumps meaning hopefully more silver. Instead it had a bunch of Canadian, haha.

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skunks definatley are no fun especially with the boxes with the paper wrappers that you can't see through :p I'm surprized you haven't come across any dimes yet (unless I missed it in which case I'm sorry). I've been averaging like two per box. Congrats on your other silver, before you know it you'll have a nice little stash

OP
OP
C

CoinDumper

Greenie
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I've slowed down from my already slow pace...

Halves:

$470 CWR = SKUNK

Nickels:

Brinks Box: SKUNK - 1 2009 Nickel, 1 Bahama Nickel, 32 pre 1960 nickels

Coin machine reject tray: 1964 Dime Silver!:hello2:

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I've slowed down from my already slow pace...

Halves:

$470 CWR = SKUNK

Nickels:

Brinks Box: SKUNK - 1 2009 Nickel, 1 Bahama Nickel, 32 pre 1960 nickels

Coin machine reject tray: 1964 Dime Silver!:hello2:

You have to love Coinstar.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread