US Coins on Foreign Soil

fingerscrossed

Apr 22, 2012
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
depends..this is a good idea IMO especially if you CRH in countries that were once a US colony..who knows..

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fingerscrossed has a good point. Your best bet would be to buy and dump the coins of the country you're in and hope to find US coins. I wouldn't order US coins because dumping coins IMO wouldn't work. I know in the US there are no banks at least that I've found that transact foreign coins, I always end up stuck with them. They only exchange bills, and even then you always get a rate lower than spot for that currency

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard (on this forum) a few guys that are overseas and in the military. They CRH their banks on their base and have found some silver. I guess the older coins just circulate over and over for years.

midntmn

Dec 15, 2011
one of the 13 colonies
Primary Interest:
Other
I was in a small town in South Africa a few years ago and went into a little store. They had a bowl full of foreign coins sitting on a table, about 35 cents for each coin. I searched through and was surprised to find a Roosevelt dime. It was one of my best souveniers of the trip!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions