CUT OFF BY CHASE IN NY, WARNING DO NOT ORDER MORE THAN 2 BOXES

onelife

Jul 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CUT OFF BY CHASE IN NY, WARNING DO NOT ORDER MORE THAN 2 BOXES
Chase was my best producing bank, had a great relationship with the bankers and tellers. I was on
a first name basis with everyone. The branch that I dealt with primarily went out of their way to
accomondate me and my "hobbie" They ordered for me twice a week until the "loss prevention department" got
involved. I was told by the teller that the branch manager got a call from the lost prevention department at Corporate and
was told to cease ordering coins for me and my account was going to be closed. I called the department and asked for an explaination
and they told me that they told me it is due to the activity on my account, coin orders. I explained to them that I
was a customer for over 20 years and currently have two mortages with them and had paid off one a couple of years ago. Their
response was that it didn't matter and the closing of my account will not effect my loans with them. Attached is a copy of the letter.

The Loss prevention department told me that they are cracking down on all orders, for coins, from personal account holders

Warning: Chase is tracking all of the orders and will close your account when they see fit. Chase charges business customers $0.15 cents a roll, $7.50 a box for coins. Chase is losing money everytime a customer with a personal account orders boxes.

Attachments

• CHASE.pdf
    284.8 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Upvote 0

hyperHunter

Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JPM is well known for suppressing silver price. Allowing people to go long silver at their loss is a conflict of their interest. It's no point to discuss with them. Move all your loans to a bank that is willing to favor the hobby. They deserve your business.

OP
OP
onelife

onelife

Jul 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made that arugment with them about moving my loans and their response was "thats up to you"

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many boxes/week and from how many branches? I find it hard to believe Chase can attract business customers and charge that much for coin orders when so many other banks do not charge anything at all. I suspect what put you on their radar was the 2x/week pick up.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Additionally, closing the account is another level of stupid on their part. Why not just start charging fees on the boxes? Then at least they retain the principal balance to make money off of until you choose to close the account. I also like Chase banks around here, the staff is always super friendly. I plan to add one pickup today.

OP
OP
onelife

onelife

Jul 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was ordering from two different chase banks, only 1 ordered for me twice a week

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats crazy. Why terminate your account? Especially that it was a "real" account and not a dummy with 20 bucks so you can order boxes. Simply charge for boxes or just say no...that is idiotic. If you find a suitable option, move everything and ideally eliminate any further opportunity for them to make a dime of you, and if they do make another dime make sure its post-1964.

OP
OP
onelife

onelife

Jul 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so aggreviated about this letter. I went to the local branch and they advised me that there is nothing they can do for me

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
I'm curious how Chase was able to track the orders to your account. I have ordered from Chase pretty regularly (although I am seeing so few silvers now I may stop and go back to CWRs) and they have never taken down my account information when I order. Did the branch manager say that loss prevention noticed increased orders from the branch as a whole and only determined you as the source after inquiry of the branch manager, or did their systems identify you as the source?

I usually just exchange cash for my orders instead of withdrawing from my account in part of try to prevent tracking of the orders to my account. I'm not sure if it would have helped in this case, depending on how Chase found it.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I've said before, you would think the big banks would cater to the last few of us that are willing to stick up for them. They've screwed everyone else, when they start screwing us they can go jump off a cliff

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
i have had 4 chases in ny order for me... didnt last longer than a month before cut off

OP
OP
onelife

onelife

Jul 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bank manage said it was a combination, they noticed the ordered and researched which account required them

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JP Morgan just had their first loss since the Obama rescue. Could be a reason why....

Poor Mans Gold

Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder if this has anything to do with the bank losing $2,000,000,000 in badinvestments. That is 2 with a B. Probably going to order coin for themselvesand have the tellers on their down time to search for silver. The CEO's stillhave to get their million dollar bonuses.

db23

Mar 18, 2011
I know 2 people that have gotten similar letters, 1 in NJ and one in FL.

I'm in the same boat as d2arcing when it comes to Chase. After a couple orders they either claim it's too expensive to order, they need to charge a fee or they blame it on management.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats interesting, perhaps an east coast thing? Out here they have been supplying me for 5 months no issues. I do maintain a health balance in the account though.

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I just went into a chase to see if they had some lose halves and the teller told me they stopped making those when kennedy died....sigh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread