Almost 2 years of searching, still looking for a couple more milestones...

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy All,

Hope all is well. My posts have been few and far between these past 6 months as I am spending less and less time searching and more and more time with the family. At any rate, I wanted to check in and say that I have been at this hobby for just short of two years and I am still missing a few major milestones. For some reason, I just cannot get myself to retire from the normal routine until I find the following:

1.) Barber Half
2.) '70D Half (found 3 '70S and 2 '76S)
3.) Modern Silver Proof (MSP) Half (found hundreds of clads)
4.) Walking Liberty Ender (found Benders and Kenders galore)

I have also found thousands of silver halves in boxes and 20+ solid rolls of silver halves (wl, bens, 64s, 40s), morgan dollars, silver ikes, silver quarters, multiple solid rolls of silver dimes (merc, roosie), buffs, war nicks, v nicks, wheats, IHs, and multiple dream half bags. I see that many newer searchers are hitting awesome scores right off the bat and I am happy for you and am amazed (shocked) that Barbers, 70Ds, and MSPs show up as often as they do, you are truly lucky!!! I hope I find some soon that would be the icing on the cake to this hobby for me. I will continue to sort pennies (cents) once the silver "dries up" as they are a ton of fun! I do not bank hop like I used to and my crazy get out there and go passion and time is just not there anymore. Please keep posting the good scores they are so much fun to read!!!:icon_thumleft:

HH,

$ilver$urfer:hello:

Upvote 0

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Can you explain what
[8] QE II Cents ('53-'64)
[116] QE II ('65-'96)
means?
Proof silver coins look perfectly, even though some are scratched due to circulation.

OP
OP
$ilver$urfer

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you explain what
[8] QE II Cents ('53-'64)
[116] QE II ('65-'96)
means?
Proof silver coins look perfectly, even though some are scratched due to circulation.

The signature is broken from a few months back when they switched things over - I've got a ticket in with the website tech folks to fix it. I search cents as well so I was keeping track of all my KG and QE cents, I've gotten a ton of great condition KG and a bunch of GEM BU 50's and 60's QE cents, not sure if they are worth much but I keep them in a separate container nonetheless. Cents are my favorite denomination to search besides halves but I can see that with silver dwindling so rapidly cents may become my favorite in due time!:icon_thumleft:

If you need any particular dates for Canadian cents, please pm me! I keep all 1996 and before (copper) and have a baggie full of junk Canadian cents (1997 and forward). I saw your post recently about that non magnetic cent from 2006 so I may need to learn about some of the major errors before I accidentally dump a $500+ coin by mistake!!!:laughing7:

HH,

Last edited:

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I am with you, SS.

I still lack a number of milestones:

Barber half
Any type of Commemorative half
Modern Silver Proof

I've still never found a dream box, or anything close to it, despite opening several hundred half boxes. Nor have I found any Morgans or silver Ikes, even though I ask for large dollars any time I am in a bank.

It is surprising how some folks find mountains of silver in hundreds of boxes....but my boxes haven't produced all that well. I'd still like to average 2 silvers a box!

HH!!!!

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
If you need any particular dates for Canadian cents, please pm me!

HH,

:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
No thanks, I guess I will find them through regular penny roll hunting.
Seriously, you are doing a great job saving those pre 1965 pennies. Those will always value more over the 1965-1996 stuff, if not in MS grades obviously. It's kinda like Wheat cents that can be sold for at least 4 cents per coin.
King George VI coins are also keepers. Check this site for old and modern varieties: Coins and Canada - Canadian coins price guide, value, errors and varieties

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kender, Bender, Wender, and Barberender! Ok, last word is a mouthful but if you find one, you won't mind saying it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread