Food for thought

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are approximately 2.8 billion Kennedy half dollars minted between 1971 and 2001. Thats 2.8 million boxes if they were all boxed simultaneously. I have searched approximately 430 boxes since last October. That accounts for 1.53x10 to -4% of all boxes in theoretical existence.

Of course this is assuming that there is a constant inventory of boxes of halves, which I know is not the case.

Now, lets assume a large volume searcher has searched 1200 boxes/year for 4-5 years. Thats .002% (two thousandths of ONE percent) of all boxes in theoretical existence.

Upvote 0

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you figured this out then i say you have way too much time on your hands. lol.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If i had my way they would melt all the clad and leave the silver for us. Or they would paint them orange so we could sort them fast.

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like you need to pick up the volume Tim, there are a few boxes out there you have not searched. lol

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you need to pick up the volume Tim, there are a few boxes out there you have not searched. lol
Hey Frankinstine I think i did all the boxes am seeing some orange ones!! I think an going to move to TN No thanks...

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But have you figured out the rate of diminishing returns?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread