What is the planet closest to the sun?

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
If you said Mercury you are right!

Lame I know but isn't that what you are supposed to say something really corny with good finds? Anyway, I went back to the back that I scored the v nick collection just to see if I could sneak some dimes/quarters in. Quarters produced nothing at all. Dimes were a skunk the first time as well so I took a hit on the coinstar across the street, I felt there was going to be something. I went back and the second batch of Dimes paid off really well, a total of 54....yes fifty-four silver dimes. 30 rosies and 24 beautiful mercs. I am guessing the quarters had been picked up already, but who knows. Only down side is the teller I bought the coins from now knows I don't have an account with the bank, so I can't go buy more of what ever is in the vault. A friend of mine gave me some money to get him some rolls, he has recently got into CRH, I snuck a peak at his rolls and there wasn't anyhting good in his dimes. I don't want him to get discouraged so I gave up a few rosies and a merc and snuck them in a few of his rolls. I don't mind taking a small hit to get a friend intrested, and with such a good score on my end I felt like I could part with a few of my finds today (the coins in his dime rolls are not included in my numbers). Hopefully that merc will get him hooked!

heres the breakdown

Mercs:
20d, 24, 26, 35, 36, 37x2, 39, 40x2, 41x2, 41s, 42x3, 42d, 42sx2, 43, 43d, 43s, 45, 45s

Rosies:
46x3, 46d, 46sx3, 47, 49dx2, 51, 51d, 52, 52dx2, 52sx5, 53sx2, 56, 56dx3, 57dx4

enjoy the pics! Happy hunting, hope you guys found some good stuff today, I sure as hell did.

Attachments

• both.JPG
    both.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 176
  • mercs.JPG
    mercs.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 180
  • rosies.JPG
    rosies.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 126
  • stack.JPG
    stack.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 0

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how nice of you to your frd, im your frd too, lol snuck some rosies my way please.

what a heck a find! congrats! I was real lucky with some boxes and only scored 25 in 2 boxes.

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
That is what I call a major dime score. Congratulations, keep on hunting those dimes.

OP
OP
red89

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
I might have my friend go in and buy as many quarters as he can, I really wanna get a standing liberty, and there has to be at least one more good roll of quarters somewhere in their vault. He said they dont have any rolls of half dollars, so either someone bought them, one of the tellers already got to them, or who ever had all this silver didn't like half dollars (which I don't think that is true). Either way... $5.40 for 3.9 OZ of silver is great.

OP
OP
red89

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool!!

Man, and all I want is to pull just one Merc... just freakin' one!

These were my first mercs at face value, and first rosies from CRH at face. My first silver rosie was from playing poker with friends, and someone had a silver rosie along with their change and used it on accident. My other 3 rosies (for FV or less) before this were found in coinstars.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hoard find.:leprechaun-hat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread