Should i pay $5 for boxes??

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was geting 2 boxes a week for ?? 12 weeks. Then a new manager took over. He said if i wanted more boxes it would cost me $5 per box. No way well am thinking about getting 20 boxes. If i get about 3 silvers per box. I could make ?? $200 with easy dumps it may work??My time and gas this may not be a bad deal. I would love your in put on this??

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How would cutting this bank out effect your weekly supply?
I stoped useing them ??12 weeks ago i was just thinking. To get 20 boxes so easy?? It may work?? Its not as bad as betting in ac.

Last edited by a moderator:

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
20 x $5 = $100 a week to get boxes.

Sorry, in my opinion its not worth it. I dont cash out my finds so its not like I am making money right now. I stack and set it aside for 20-25 years in the future. Putting $100 a week into my CRH would be a big blow to my funds.

If it works for you, do it. You apparently have the funds to play with to be able to purchase 20 boxes in one fell swoop.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20 x $5 = $100 a week to get boxes.

Sorry, in my opinion its not worth it. I dont cash out my finds so its not like I am making money right now. I stack and set it aside for 20-25 years in the future. Putting $100 a week into my CRH would be a big blow to my funds.

If it works for you, do it. You apparently have the funds to play with to be able to purchase 20 boxes in one fell swoop.
I would do my 40 plus boxes and the 20 extra boxes.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id say, if you can get 10 OZ/week out of this bank by paying $5/box for 20 boxes then go for it.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I happened to be in your situation and wanted to do an extra 20 boxes, I personally would just increase my orders at banks that were still ordering for free to get to the desired total number of boxes.

Even though your boxes typically produce plenty well enough to pay for the $5/box fee, I personally don't see any reason to pay for something you can get for free elsewhere.

But, its your money...not mine. Do as you wish. Best of luck!

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I happened to be in your situation and wanted to do an extra 20 boxes, I personally would just increase my orders at banks that were still ordering for free to get to the desired total number of boxes.

Even though your boxes typically produce plenty well enough to pay for the $5/box fee, I personally don't see any reason to pay for something you can get for free elsewhere.

But, its your money...not mine. Do as you wish. Best of luck!
I think you may be right! Am carful not to over ordering. I will try to the bank down to $3 per box??

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you may be right! Am carful not to over ordering. I will try to the bank down to $3 per box??

I doubt you can get the VT/LT to bargain with you, they probably do not have control over the fees. Give it a go if you want. What bank? A large national or small regional?

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd say give it a try, if you come out ahead of the game then it's worth the fee. 1 40% half per box covers the fee so anything after that is all positive. If the bank doesn't produce too many skunks, and you are worried about asking other banks to order even more for you, I would say it's not a bad option for someone who does the volume you do.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt you can get the VT/LT to bargain with you, they probably do not have control over the fees. Give it a go if you want. What bank? A large national or small regional?
Its a pnc all the other pncs don't charge any fee??

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your best bargaining chip assuming you do not have a business account is to negotiate with the manager first on how many boxes he can waive the fee on per week if any. If not, have the manager show you in their schedule of fees where a box costs $5. More than likely they will bring out a schedule of fees in the business account pamphlet. At which point you can start negotiating how many boxes per week you will order for free vs. filing a complaint to the OCC for attempting to charge business account fees to a regular account.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tim, go for it, since it is about the silver, do it, you buy silver anyway, it's like gambling, you usually make out good! if the boxes produced more than 1 silver each, I would pay for the boxes if I were you.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a bank that was charging me $7.50 per box. I was getting 3 boxes per week from this branch and the silver usually covered the fees. After awhile though, the silver from this source dried up. I dropped the orders from 3 to 1 per week just to keep testing the waters. The silver found from the remaining order still didn't cover the fees so i dropped them altogether.
It's a gamble. You lose money if you get a bad batch but can easily cover the fees with one good box.

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say no. They are trying to fee us to death and if enough people turn down the fees and go somewhere else then they will reconsider how they do business. Enough people freaked out about BoA's fees that they quit.

fingerscrossed

Apr 22, 2012
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how long do you plan on paying? if you look at it long term, paying $100 a week will equate to $5,200 in one year..if that's something you can bear why not? its a risk everytime you purchase 20 boxes you never know what you have there..my last 20 boxes yielded 61 40% and 9 90% so in that perspective you can take your money back..but remember it's not always like that...don't also forget the excitement of opening 20 more boxes :thumbsup: i would try this bank maybe for a couple of weeks see what you get..

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought the that the whole appeal of CRHunting was to get the choice coins and junk silver at face value? Pay a small fee now, pay a bigger one later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread