HELP!!!!!!!!!!One dollar coins

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
:o The Odds are against it! The Bag may be marked Dollars, but may contain Sacagawea's, SBA's, Ike's & Miracle of Miracles, Real Silver Dollars! Keep your eyes open for 1971-74, 76-78 Silver Ike Proofs too! I wish you luck! Let us know how you do!

HH 8) Joe

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
It seems to be very rare to find the silver with them. Would need to be Eisenhowers to get a chance at finding a Morgan or Peace slipped in. My bank and other banks I ask say they really don't get Eisenhowers much anymore. In fact they have been ordering dollars for roll hunters but seem to only get sac and Susan right now. They called 3 different armored cars from 3 different banks and all count not guarantee that you would get Eisenhowers. In fact most said probably not to them.

Anyways, peps still turn em in, so the chance might be there. I would say that if tellers had to hand count them chances are they will go to the teller or a friend of the teller that is on the lookout.

ANYONE out there have banks that have ordered dollars and got Eisenhower's lately?

Either way the halves are really the WIN!! As far as chances on the silver in great counts.

Postalrevnant

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
About a month ago I bought $800 in Eisenhowers from a bank and they said they had a sealed bag of $1000 Eisenhowers in the vault. I came back a couple days later and bought that bag and there was one Peace Dollar mixed in. There is a post on here about it.

AFModell

Feb 27, 2006
DE
I had a similar experience to ringding. The bank had a bag of dollar coins, which were mixed. I bought all the Ikes (120 or so), 1 of 3 silver dollars (2 Morgans and a Peace) that the teller didnt snatch :), and the rest were all mixded Sacs and Susies. I dont think youll have much luck with getting bags of Ikes. Theres simply too many unwanted bags of Susies and Sacs sitting around. And theyre going ot keep making Sacs! Argh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread