Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm Baaaaaaack!!

Hey Hey,

Long time no chat guys! I've been lurking in the shadows for the last month or so. I'm happy to report that I have crawled out from underneath the rock I have been hiding under. I received blessings from my Chief Financial Officer ('da Wife) to put $1K into "the business". So I stopped at "our bank" on the way home from work to withdraw the cash. I popped the question: "Do you have any half dollars available, loose or rolled?". The vault teller went to the back, came out and said "I have $1260 in rolled." "Oh boy", I thought to myself. "$1000 in rolled, please." I said.

I spent more time staring at the rolls in the front seat on the drive home then keeping my eyes on the road.

(Drum roll please....)

Bank 1
$1000 in CWR
skunk.jpg

DOH!!!

I bagged the 1K into the deposit bag and headed down to "our bank" here in town. I met with the Service Manager and the Vault Teller. I described my intentions and after a few phone calls, the Service Manager told me this:

1. "We will allow you to turn in your bags and immediately exchange them for paper money"
2. "We will allow you to bring 6 deposit bags per week (2 scheduled pickups per week = 3 and 3)."
3. "We can order 8 boxes a week for you (2 scheduled deliveries per week = 4 and 4)

The Vault Teller told me this:

"We have other people that come in frequently asking for halves. But you're a lot nicer then them. Let me have your number and I will call you when rolls come in."

YAHTZEEE!

For "shits-and-giggles", I ran down to the other branch across town and was told:

"We'll be able to handle 3 bags once a week and we can order 4 boxes for you."

I was so happy I forgot to ask them if they had any halves!

DOUBLE YAHTZEEE!

Even though I was sprayed by the infamous "skunk", I built some new relationships today (which is worth more then every silver half I have found and will ever find!).

I'll hit up some more banks after work tomorrow!

I hope everyone is doing well!

H$H!!
TGB

Upvote 0

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear from you, hope the new job is going good! Best of luck to you in your hunts (you don't really need it) :notworthy:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice to see you posting again, I always enjoyed your posts from when you started!
HH,
Buff

OP
OP
tallguybry

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad to hear from you, hope the new job is going good! Best of luck to you in your hunts (you don't really need it) :notworthy:

Good to hear from you too jarlbartar! The job is going very well! I nearly passed out when I saw my first pay check. I haven't seen that high of a number in a long time. There is one downfall to working Monday through Friday, I can't do a "super-mega bank run". I'll just have to pre-plan my runs and execute them after work.

Thanks for the luck and H$H!! to you too!

TGB

OP
OP
tallguybry

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
nice to see you posting again, I always enjoyed your posts from when you started!
HH,
Buff

It's good to be back Buff! Reading about everyone's finds here on the forum inspired me to get back in the game (OK, I admit... It didn't take much effort or thought. You can't score Ag if you don't look for it!)

I'm glad you enjoy my posts. I heard about "how bad this forum has become" and I will do my part to keep it positive and to encourage others. We're all in this together!

H$H!!
TGB

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Hey,

I was so happy I forgot to ask them if they had any halves!

H$H!!
TGB

Exactly, when I got someone's silver collection dumped, I forgot to ask for nickels and pennies. But I corrected my self and next week I went to the same branch and picked those rolls. Remember there is always a second chance.
Nice to see you again!

OP
OP
tallguybry

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Exactly, when I got someone's silver collection dumped, I forgot to ask for nickels and pennies. But I corrected my self and next week I went to the same branch and picked those rolls. Remember there is always a second chance.
Nice to see you again!

AMEN!

I think this was the first time since the beginning of my CRH hobby that I walked into a bank and didn't pop the question! I need to get my "A-game" on!

Good to see you too C-h!

H$H!!
TGB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread